SVC bolt on install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlj676

Reaction score
Got it. I have an impact gun so I should be good.

I ordered the svc bumper last night because SVC had a sale. I am adding the top hoop to run 4 LP6s and I saved $200 on my order.

The bumper should arrive at the end of April.

My electric impacts didn’t work. The steering box was twisting and absorbing the blows. Start with passenger side and maybe it will work better.

Otherwise get a long extension and use the breaker bar in front of bumper.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice.

My electric impacts didn’t work. The steering box was twisting and absorbing the blows. Start with passenger side and maybe it will work better.

Otherwise get a long extension and use the breaker bar in front of bumper.

Travis Flores

Reaction score
Just want to say a HUGE thank you to gordo for posting this! Only regret is that I didn’t look for this sooner, since I too assumed (incorrectly) cutting the shroud for the intercooler.

Taking it to the local shop tomorrow to finish the install.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I dunno what sort of tools that yall are using, but you should be using one of the BIG electric impacts that go up to 900 or 1000 ft lbs.

Word of warning, If you did not put new threadlocker on those steering bolts, or buy new ones, take it all back apart and do it.

If you do not, and those bolts loosen, they will eventually back out, then put the captive bushing on the back of the rack out.

Once that is gone, the steering rack is garbage. Ford does not sell the bushing separately. That means you need to purchase an entirely new steering rack to fix it.

IIRC the torque spec is 400+ ft/lbs on those bolts. They are special, with 3 different shank sizes. You wont find a non-ford bolt that works. you cannot buy the bolts one at a time. The minimum quantity is 4 or 5 IIRC. They are $19 EACH.

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jesus is the ADD pro bolt on this much of a pain to install as well?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you have a pic of the bushing? And I am not sure what you mean. If the bolts back out then the busing will fall out the back?

Do you have a part number for the bolts?

I dunno what sort of tools that yall are using, but you should be using one of the BIG electric impacts that go up to 900 or 1000 ft lbs.

Word of warning, If you did not put new threadlocker on those steering bolts, or buy new ones, take it all back apart and do it.

If you do not, and those bolts loosen, they will eventually back out, then put the captive bushing on the back of the rack out.

Once that is gone, the steering rack is garbage. Ford does not sell the bushing separately. That means you need to purchase an entirely new steering rack to fix it.

IIRC the torque spec is 400+ ft/lbs on those bolts. They are special, with 3 different shank sizes. You wont find a non-ford bolt that works. you cannot buy the bolts one at a time. The minimum quantity is 4 or 5 IIRC. They are $19 EACH.

Travis Flores

Reaction score
New
Dropped of my truck this morning. All of this is good information. Gordo or anyone know what the three aluminum pieces/brackets are for that came with the SVC bumper are used for? Thanks in advance!