SVC 1.5" Collars - Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ns720

Reaction score
I just posted over in the forscan Gen 3 thread that we can now adjust our ride height using forscan
Thanks for all your work! I'm also a CO Tuxedo White and will be installing the SVC 1.5 collars... I like the one piece design more than trusting two horizontal bolts to hold up to thousands of pounds of stress. I'll be adding the Foutz 1" rear spacers, Method 305 Double Black wheels, and BFG KO2 37" C-range tires. Can't wait!

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, SVC machined new spacers for me and one other member on this board. They are in fact half the size. I'm having the original spacers removed tomorrow and these new ones installed. Hopefully i'll be level this time around, vs being 1" nose high. I'll recalibrate the shocks after the new spacers are installed as well.

Attachments

• image0 (22).jpeg
    image0 (22).jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image1 (16).jpeg
    image1 (16).jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 18

Granelli

Reaction score
Interested to hear your thoughts. I should have known better, but was really disappointed in the Eibach Springs on stock shocks myself. Could not get over the loss of down travel, and could feel the shocks topping out on the street. Off road is worse. I fear you may suffer the same with spacers on a purpose built truck. I went with the factory series adjustables.

Less is more often times with vehicle mods. And it definitely goes a lot better to just buy the best.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So not sure I want to take the time to learn Forescan. What kind of shops are you guys using to install your spacers and are they using Forescan to recalibrate the ride height?

Are Ford dealers dependable to install spacers & recalibrate the ride height?

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So not sure I want to take the time to learn Forescan. What kind of shops are you guys using to install your spacers and are they using Forescan to recalibrate the ride height?

Are Ford dealers dependable to install spacers & recalibrate the ride height?
I don't think "most" shops use forscan. They'll install your spacers and send you on your way. Ford can do it, they use a different system called FDRS. Forscan is extremely easy, although I do get it being a bit daunting at first. I've offered to help remotely via TeamViewer if you're really stuck.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think "most" shops use forscan. They'll install your spacers and send you on your way. Ford can do it, they use a different system called FDRS. Forscan is extremely easy, although I do get it being a bit daunting at first. I've offered to help remotely via TeamViewer if you're really stuck.
I'll likely do the front leveling, then drive a few hundred miles, then have my dealer align the truck to OEM specs and have them reset the shocks with FDRS, thanks!

1vision33

Reaction score
Well, SVC machined new spacers for me and one other member on this board. They are in fact half the size. I'm having the original spacers removed tomorrow and these new ones installed. Hopefully i'll be level this time around, vs being 1" nose high. I'll recalibrate the shocks after the new spacers are installed as well.
Just wanted to share that I sent a note to SVC and asked if they can exchange the new ones for the old ones and they said yes. To be fair, I never installed the first ones as I was waiting to see other's impressions first. I'm not sure what they would have said if I had installed them..

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share that I sent a note to SVC and asked if they can exchange the new ones for the old ones and they said yes. To be fair, I never installed the first ones as I was waiting to see other's impressions first. I'm not sure what they would have said if I had installed them..
You exchanged which ones?

The newly machines spacers are great. Ride is back to damn near stock and the truck has a very slight rake. Way happier with the adjusted spacers!

1vision33

Reaction score
You exchanged which ones?

The newly machines spacers are great. Ride is back to damn near stock and the truck has a very slight rake. Way happier with the adjusted spacers!
I’m working with SVC now to exchange the “old ones” for the newly machined ones. I had purchased them back in January but never installed them as I wanted to see/hear peoples impressions of them first. Then when I saw/heard all the negative feedback, I just kinda chalked it up to a loss on the ones I bought. So I am pleased that SVC is willing to work with me on replacing them with the newly machined ones.