SVC 1.5" Collars - Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to having these installed. First things first, the front definitely sits higher than the back. When i first saw the truck, I was pretty disappointed right off the bat. Secondly, the ride is absolute sh*t compared to stock. I've already made an appt to have them uninstalled. I've had spacer levels on prior trucks, but not quite the suspension the raptor comes with. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed.

Edited 6/7/22...SVC sent me new spacers. Pic of said spacers are below.

Attachments

• image0 (22).jpeg
    image0 (22).jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image1 (16).jpeg
    image1 (16).jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on what another member reported, these collars raise the front well over 1.5”, SVC didn’t do their homework before releasing these. That could be why the ride is so bad?

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on what another member reported, these collars raise the front well over 1.5”, SVC didn’t do their homework before releasing these. That could be why the ride is so bad?
Agreed. I am talking to another member here, who's truck is currently with SVC while they try and figure out where they messed up. I called and talked to the owner of SVC and he stated he would get this figured out and send a new pair of collars. Don't know how long this will take, but hope its sooner than later. Everything I've read and heard about the RPG and FMI collars, the ride is like stock and leaves the truck leveled. We shall see.

Ns720

Reaction score
Did you "reprogram" your Live-valve shocks? It's my understanding that when you add a spacer (or replace the springs on a gen 2) you need to reset the shocks. I know a dealer can do this, as well as Forscan.

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you "reprogram" your Live-valve shocks? It's my understanding that when you add a spacer (or replace the springs on a gen 2) you need to reset the shocks. I know a dealer can do this, as well as Forscan.
I havent and it wasnt mentioned by SVC and they are looking into it. Still doesnt address why a 1.5" spacer makes the front 1" taller than the back.

Ns720

Reaction score
Here's the relevant post about gen 2s:

It’s called a “Ride Height Calibration”. After installing the Eibachs, the computer that controls the live valves thinks the front end is around 33mm in the air. Ask them to reset the right height to 0. I think the calibration is in the VDM. There's some discussion on this forum about it on page 101 and more discussion before that. Many shops haven't done it so they may have to do some research. It's not hard and only takes a couple minutes for them to do.

And I agree, doesn't explain the difference in ride height, but it might address and fix the ride quality. When I added 2.25in geisler springs to my 2019, the ride was ridiculously stiff until I did the above procedure. Afterwards, it felt like stock.