Suspension upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCDESERTstyle

Reaction score
So after searching for a gen 3 with no ADM and failing I'm going all in the poor mans way on my 2019.
I am looking for advice from people who have first hand knowledge to help me decide if im just getting Icon stage 4 system with live valve delete or breaking it up and going deavers with a rear bump, fox factory race series live valve all around and an uca. I've read the threads where some people say its a waist not going to mid travel or more but that just does not fit my budget due 2 kids in college and me being a regular working stiff. I am also going frame cut bumper and raising intercooler after finding out how soft the raptor is up front when landing nose heavy in sand. Ill post those pics another day.
Getting bed mount tire carrier, radio and GPS because I got a spot in March EXO baja run. I like the FMI modular bed organizer but if anyone has seen others they really like let me know.

Thanks in advance for the mockery and any info that might come with

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow no responses!?
IMO figure out how much weight you will off road with
if it’s over 250lbs get deaver +4 hd and bump stops
get kings or fox non live valve (kings ftw!)
frame cut front absolutely , and rear bumper too with dovetail, cut the exhaust or you’ll flatten your stock pipes
raise the front 2” make sure the front still has decent droop
uca’s are elective, necessary if you slot delete, remember uca’s need more maintenance than stock
go fast

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
you dont need a midtravel kit to have fun and make a more capable truck. The icon stage 4 setup is a great kit that I've personally seen do 50K+ offroad miles in baja. Just about all of the EXO crew trucks run it.

I will also say that I am thoroughly impressed with what ive seen from SDG for live valve tuning.

either way, it will be a massive upgrade over stock.

Be wary of "some people" and what they say. Not many of the "some" beat the snot out of their trucks, nor do they take them to Baja. Think about going farther with the truck once you can outdrive a truck with an icon stage 4.

doing SDG live valve tuning ( even if you dont go with 3.0 live valve upgrades), control arms, brake lines, deavers, and SVC bumps would also be a great round of upgrades.

take a look at a 454 motorsports bed cage. you could set it up in the rear of the bed to move weight bias back and keep the nose out of the dirt. ( it is also removable without tools, which is awesome if you also do non-desert truck things with your truck)

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had lots of fun with my setup offroad - 3.0 factory live valves, SVC UCAs, +3 Deavers, SVC bump with 2.0 IFPs, KHC slot delete. be warned - the SVC UCAS require drilling of the spindles, as they use a larger non-tapered bolt vs. the standard taper fitting. The SVC UCAs are nice, but in hindsight, I wish I had the Icon units.

I like Live Valve, even if sometimes I wish I had more ability to fine tune the suspension. There are now tuners out there who can do some pretty amazing work with them, but they're not cheap. I've haven't been in one of those trucks though. For pure racing, I think you want full bypasses and less chance of breaking with the sensors. But my truck isn't a race truck and I like the adaptability live valve provides on the fly.

I've posted a bunch about my experiences in setting up my truck, but if you want to chat, send me a pm.

Cheers

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SVC billet control arms require drilling on the spindle? I did not realize this. I thought the ball joint was tapered like stock. Well That’s good to know!