Suspension upgrades without going crazy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think for myself that would be a lot better route as you get in-cab adjustability but also further suspension travel due to the Gen 2 shock geometry.
Further rear suspension travel only. How does the front conversion from Gen 1 to Gen 2 get more uptravel; unless you modify the fenders? This is the oem tire & wheel stuffed (with the shock removed), so there's nowhere to go unless you replaced the fender. 20220221_194706.jpg

MReid

Reaction score
That is correct on the height. I'm going stock shocks and either Icons or Deavers. The stock shocks have been on backorder for a while now.
I just did TSW moderate use tuned shocks, Geiser's, and Hamburg UCAs with ICON plus threes in the rear. The ride is better than expected. The truck is very stable at high speed. The progressive dampening is sweet for Seattle's busted concrete roads. The stiffer springs feel much better on take off. I didn't install the additional leaf spring that came with the Icons. Can't wait to get off road with this setup.

Attachments

• upgraded.jpg
    upgraded.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumping this back up. So far the plan for sure is to do Geisers on the front and Deavers in the rear. I'm thinking Gen 2 OEM LV shocks with the SDI e-click with the appropriate adapters to run those shocks. I'm getting to the point where the stock shocks could be rebuilt and am still on stock springs at 130k, so it's to the point where I could use some replacement stuff. Looking for something that performs well on road as well as offroad. Not looking for anything crazy, but if it'll make the truck better for dual purpose I'm interested.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Bumping this back up. So far the plan for sure is to do Geisers on the front and Deavers in the rear. I'm thinking Gen 2 OEM LV shocks with the SDI e-click with the appropriate adapters to run those shocks. I'm getting to the point where the stock shocks could be rebuilt and am still on stock springs at 130k, so it's to the point where I could use some replacement stuff. Looking for something that performs well on road as well as offroad. Not looking for anything crazy, but if it'll make the truck better for dual purpose I'm interested.
Sooooo.......what happened? It's been a year...

I just ordered Eibach springs to go on front (low perch), shock rebuilds from Hammer, ICON leafs for rear (will add in extra leaf and go with Option #2 setup). Hopefully I'll still be sitting level or very close after that.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sooooo.......what happened? It's been a year...

I just ordered Eibach springs to go on front (low perch), shock rebuilds from Hammer, ICON leafs for rear (will add in extra leaf and go with Option #2 setup). Hopefully I'll still be sitting level or very close after that.

Was busy finishing up a bunch of other upgrades last year, and then the truck went in for winter storage, where it still is currently.