GEN 1 Suspension Upgrades on my 2013 SCrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the late post, I didn't take any pictures till today, and I wanted to ride it for a few days before posting my first thoughts.

Anyways, Here we go.

Front end: Eibach Springs & SVC TieRods
upload_2021-3-21_1-59-25.png

EIBACH are on the bottom perch for sure, It gives you 3" lift (as their website states) I honestly didn't take any measurements before & after.
The ride feels smoother, no more leaning on turns (like a your in a boat), no more nose dive when braking or going over speed bumps, very steady and feels amazing TBH.

The steering does feel tighter, more controlled, and there is no empty steering wheel space (if you know what I mean), every slight movement of the steering wheels does affect where you're heading.

Back end of the truck: SVC Bump Stop, SVC Shackles (and I already have the +3 Deavers from few months back)

upload_2021-3-21_2-9-16.png

upload_2021-3-21_2-9-28.png

upload_2021-3-21_2-12-11.png

With regards to the rear end, well, I don't think the shackles would have changed the ride feel, however, I do know they are stronger and their bushings are better, but I do like that the squeaking noise I had in the rear of the truck is now gone, smooth.

bear in mind that this orientation of the bump stop is not as it is supposed, the mechanic who installed it seems like forgotten or did it by mistake. the current placement (top 3 holes are used) is for the factory leaf springs, for aftermarket leaf springs the bottom 3 holes must be used. (and in any case that the truck is used for towing/heaving loading, the top 3 wholes must be placed into the lowest 2 holes of the bracket) -this is as per SVC's Instructions).

I will fix the placement later, will share once I do.

All the parts I have installed are top quality in terms of material and build, would recommend them to anyone planning to install them.

and you're wondering, why did I go with king bump stops, that's because I am planning to upgrade to King 3.0s in the future

Last edited:
OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
Now,
Here is a quick comparison of how the truck looks from the side view.

Before EIBACH Springs (already had +3 Deavers which were installed a couple of months back)
upload_2021-3-21_2-21-23.png

and this is how it looks now (when I took it from the workshop on Thursday)

upload_2021-3-21_2-22-51.png

Now the tires look so small lol. It is time to change them up though (already 2 years of use, and +60k kms on them I think) , so I am welcoming any suggestions (not 37s though sorry)
on That, if I change the current tires BFGs KO2 315/70R17 to BFG KO2 35x12.50R17, would they be bigger? and change in size? any rubbing (if yeah, where they might occure)?

and I am very happy I did this upgrade to all the parts
a quick shot of the older parts, the inner tierods are dead and seems rusty as well (8years no change haha)
upload_2021-3-21_2-41-47.png
factory bump stop dead, shackles are worn out, the outer tierods seems pretty good but whatever

Last edited:
OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
Looks great, much better!!! Opinions vary on tires, I've only run the stock size KO2's so far and have been happy with them...
Thanks.
On tires, Will probably get the same 315/70r17 but wanted to see if 35x12.50r17 would be different, and if no rubbing well thats good.

Seems like am gonna check them live in front of me to decide

Last edited: