GEN 1 Suspension Upgrades on my 2013 SCrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elMechanic

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So, after 8 years and +300k kms mileage of owning this amazing truck, I thought it time for loads of upgrades on it, especially the suspension.

I have to mention that last year I have added BajaKits Boxed Upper Control Arms after busting the OEM ones and at the same time replacing both front Axles and eliminating the IWE with the RCV IWE Eliminator. Those alone have given me better rides, more confidence, and tighter suspension and driving.

On the 2nd of Jan this year, I have installed the Deavers +3 rear leaf springs, which came after having enough squeaks and a bad ride with the OEM leaf springs. and in the same time I did a rebuild on the OEM FOX Shocks.

After installing the Deavers I noticed that the OEM bump stop does not reach to the Deavers, figured ok, let's protect this investment I did on the truck by investing more, after loads of reading through threads, I called it on the SVC Bump Stop, which has arrived (didn't take any pictures of it).

Also, I still have some squeaks while on Deavers, and after further inspection, I noticed that the Squeaks come from the OEM Shackles only, from what I saw, there are a bit rusty, bushing definitely worn, and I think they are a little bit bent, so said, why not buy new shackles. Called it on the SVC Shackles, they are the same as the stock height, yet, stronger material and better bushing.

After Installing the Deavers, it's fairly noticed that the rear end is higher than the front, and I didn't ever liked the nosedive that truck had when breaking since I bought it. after long searching, I had 2 choices Geiser's springs to replace the OEM coil overs, or the Eibachs, TBH, I went with the EIBACH because it had the faster delivery ETA (got them from Summit Racing).

With a full check on the car, I noticed that the OEM TieRods are dead, so, SVC TieRods are ordered, and arrived.

All of the parts (SVC BUMP STOP, SVC Shackle, SVC TieRods, and EIBACH Springs) are with me at home, and not installed yet. The Truck is having some A/C issues, and its getting fixed, once thats fixed, I'll install the parts.

Will keep this thread UPDATED, with pictures as well.

Shackles.jpeg

Springs.jpeg

upload_2021-3-10_17-58-48.png

Last edited:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice!! I didn’t know SVC was making shackles, I went with Camburg since they weren’t making them yet, but those look great!

XCReapor

Reaction score
Awesome build, Question for you, did you notice any difference in the steering feel after the SVC tie rods? I heard people say they stiffen up the feel, in a good way but find it hard to believe a tie rod end will do that, thanks!

OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
Awesome build, Question for you, did you notice any difference in the steering feel after the SVC tie rods? I heard people say they stiffen up the feel, in a good way but find it hard to believe a tie rod end will do that, thanks!
Well, the truck is still at the workshop, will get it by tomorrow, and share my experience with it.

Can’t say for myself (for now),, but I did read the same reviews on them