Suspension sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dentworx54

Reaction score
I have had 3 gen 1’s and a gen2. Just got the gen 3. I have 400lbs of tool boxes in the back and it squats bad. The same boxes as what was in my gen1. Gen 3 payload is 150lbs more. Does anyone have the same issue

OP
OP
D

Dentworx54

Reaction score
And I get the suspension differences. Its not my first rodeo but 400lbs should not make the *** end hang down especially with the extra payload. Fox is already having problems with failures and no warranty replacements until 2023 supposedly

Sierraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you please post a photo? I am wanting to put the decked system in mine as well as a shell on it as well and this will probably be similar to your 400#'s of tools.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coming from Jeeps and coils in the rear, they always sag until you get those
And I get the suspension differences. Its not my first rodeo but 400lbs should not make the *** end hang down especially with the extra payload. Fox is already having problems with failures and no warranty replacements until 2023 supposedly
I don't think the shock would cause the sagging. Sagging is caused by the coils. I think the OP would be looking into Heavy Duty Coils. With that comes a stiffer ride with no load.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fox's shocks have nothing to do with sagging, it's the springs, not the shocks.

The Gen3 does feel like it has much softer springs than my Gen2 and seems to perform better off-road as a result. The Raptor is a desert racer, not a mini Super Duty, and maybe this difference became more significant with the Gen3.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor is not a work truck which is why F150's still have leafs and only raptor has coils
Well... leafs are used because they are cheap... at least on the lighter duty trucks. Dodge/Ram has had coils on them for years. Coils can handle the load. Yes... I know... Raptor is not a work truck and I generally agree, but with the right coils you could make due.