Suspension options for Canadian winters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to do 3.0 fox shocks but worried they will get destroyed by winters and road salt here in canada. Have my 2.5s wrapped then sold my old raptor. Also looking for uacs that would work well in winter and tie rods...

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to find a couple Canadian suppliers to avoid cross boarder shipping and the costs associated with them. I have used the amsoil MPHD on my stock shocks on my 12 and it's helped them from the salt .I really don't know what material really will hold up the stupid amount of salt and crud on the roads here. Other then weekly baths.... Tho that's hard when it's - 20 or colder for weeks on end .

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The salt is out of control in upstate NY! I wish they would just use sand.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a guy who would coat his coilovers with lithium grease. He also made a custom “sock” to fit.

They held up really well save for a good cleanup in the spring.

Either that or pull and install every season which sucks.

The brine is the worst. It really attacks the rear end from all the spray back.

WillsRaptor

Reaction score
I just sprayed everything with "Fluidfilm" this year for the first time to combat the salt here in NY. Never used it before but seen some great testemonials online so come next year I'll se how well it worked out. So for no corrosion that I can see but it was a mild winter here.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just sprayed everything with "Fluidfilm" this year for the first time to combat the salt here in NY. Never used it before but seen some great testemonials online so come next year I'll se how well it worked out. So for no corrosion that I can see but it was a mild winter here.

Gotta try Fluid Film.

Wish they had a stainless coating like KW struts.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You must not be in upstate.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FF would work good. Probably need to pressure wash to remove though. Stinks too, but not too terrible.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thread. I have the same worry. I dont have a problem maintaining if I know no shock available can hold up. Wont bother upgrading to anything crazy then.