Suspension options at 140k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of SCV’s mid travel. I will daily drive mine as well. I’m not one to be inconvenienced or bothered by little things. Any tips, pics or other insights on daily driving your truck?
I’d say just plan ahead. Parking mainly.

Honestly I have lived in Los Angeles for so long I know the areas to avoid as far as street width ha.

I went with fox shocks as my buddy’s with kings is very loud listening to the bypasses.

It gets more looks than the Ferraris and Lamborghinis though.

6AA77404-0FE7-4770-8F59-B1DBF2E8F098.jpeg

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say if anyone is considering something like the SVC midtravel or similar kits, I would suggest taking a ride in one or driving one if you can first. I’m not talking anyone out of the kit, that is just a big purchase to buy through internet research alone.

As with everything there are pros and cons with all the kits as well.

Complete guess here, but here are a few things that people probably don’t anticipate when looking at a kit like that:

Increased maintenance of the heim/uniballs of the kit when compared to a traditional ball joint.

No sway bar if that matters to you or not.

Increased turning radius

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Honestly I have lived in Los Angeles for so long I know the areas to avoid as far as street width ha.

I went with fox shocks as my buddy’s with kings is very loud listening to the bypasses.

View attachment 360863
I’m assuming that based on when you got your kit installed that you got the “updated” machined spacers for the uniballs?

I got a buddy that is going to swap his out if he hasn’t already. At first watching him get used to his was like watching a cruise
Ship turn around lol.

eRicRic

Reaction score
I can appreciate the options you’re contemplating. I have a 2018 and considered my options too before deciding on a refresh. What I ultimately decided was a bit different than what it sounds like you’re leaning towards. I wouldn’t talk you out of it, but I would say that I am 100% happy with what I did, so for what it’s worth here’s my thoughts…

Ultimately, for daily drivability and cost/return considerations I decided against mid travel. I was going to go Fox FRS 3.0’s but after seeing the eClik in action I decided to go with live valve oem with the SDI revalve tuned to the eClik system. Upfront I did Icon UCA and RPG 2.25 collars. On the rear I did Icon leaf (option 1) and SVC bump with Fox IFV. The performance of this setup is substantially better than stock and it makes me grin every time I drive.

After researching and evaluating different options, I feel the eClik with SDI revalve performs slightly better in most off road situations and much better on road than non-Live Valve FRS 3.0’s and at a lower cost point (the off road exception would be for when you would benefit from the external reservoir but that is pretty rare even when desert running fairly hard).

Good luck and best wishes with your build.

cplreyes

Reaction score
New to the truck suspension game and trying to figure out a good balance of daily driving (90%) and off-road (10%). First off, the truck is a 2018 Gen2 with 140,000 miles. I would to just add an SVC mid-travel but think something more like the performance pack 1 or 2 without the new coilovers and shocks…opt to rebuild factory fox shocks and add either Eibach or Geiser springs. Future plans would be to use this truck for a Baja Raptor Run in a couple of years for my 50th and then buy a new Gen 3. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The best suspension for 90/10 is stock. I’m serious. If you want want better suspension in the same ratio, traded it in for a 2019. The next upgrade with that ratio would be the eclick system. Most after market parts will give up on-road performance for better off road, but you have to push it harder, ie, higher speeds, bigger hits. The springs that you mentioned are progressive springs, which you may already have. That thing with progressive springs is that after market ones are made stiffer so that you stay in your travel longer at higher speeds and bigger impacts. This makes the truck stiff on the street as you’ll go through less of the shocks travel. In other words, you’ll be under using your shocks on the street.

cplreyes

Reaction score

View attachment 360863
I don’t mind parking slightly farther away and walking. Complaining and feeling inconvenienced was worked out of me in the marines. How much more was the build than what SVC quotes on their website? I think it’s advertised for 16k.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind parking slightly farther away and walking. Complaining and feeling inconvenienced was worked out of me in the marines. How much more was the build than what SVC quotes on their website? I think it’s advertised for 16k.
Yup. I did the new bushings from SVC and U turns aren’t too much of an issue anymore.

16,000 is about half what it’ll cost you after labor and glass. You also need the rear bypass.

I think you’re sitting around 35k said and done.