Suspension Maintenance Interval, and possible replacement under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2017's shocks aren't performing nearly as well as they used to. I've got 42k miles on the clock, anywhere from 3-5k offroad miles at this point. Per Fox, I'm way overdue on maintenance; per everyone else, it seems I might be middle of life. From what I've read, the predominant opinion on this forum is to wait until you notice shock performance degrade, then get it addressed - so here I am.

I assume Ford dealers still don't have the expertise to rebuild shocks? Has anyone got them to do a swap?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my shocks replaced under warranty in its early life at my dealer who I had a good relationship with. This is a gen 1 though and things were different earlier on. If yours are leaking then it's probably easier to get warranty, if you are within the mileage, good luck.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my shocks replaced under warranty in its early life at my dealer who I had a good relationship with. This is a gen 1 though and things were different earlier on. If yours are leaking then it's probably easier to get warranty, if you are within the mileage, good luck.
Thanks. I don't think they are leaking but I'd be surprised if they weren't low on nitrogen. Not sure I want the dealer techs working on my truck, even if it was just to refill nitrogen.

I've seen a few people say they got their Gen 2 shocks replaced under warranty, which would be kinda cool to save cost, but then again I could get a whole bunch of upgrades from TexasShockWorks for not a whole lot of money...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't think they are leaking but I'd be surprised if they weren't low on nitrogen. Not sure I want the dealer techs working on my truck, even if it was just to refill nitrogen.

I've seen a few people say they got their Gen 2 shocks replaced under warranty, which would be kinda cool to save cost, but then again I could get a whole bunch of upgrades from TexasShockWorks for not a whole lot of money...
Yeah, I haven't heard of Ford dealers doing rebuilds either, not sure that would be my first choice, ha ha.