Suspension Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It kinda rides like a 1 ton now, haven't had a chance to off-road it yet. If I had to do it again, for no more than I off-road it, I wouldn't. The Deaver's are quite nice. I had those on for about a week before the live valves and they made a huge difference.
Please elaborate. The live valves go full stiff when coil voltage (normally pulse width modulated) is 0. Maybe you have a wiring issue.

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please elaborate. The live valves go full stiff when coil voltage (normally pulse width modulated) is 0. Maybe you have a wiring issue.
The truck rides stiff, I feel every bump and crack in the road. I’ve already checked with SDi and they said as long as the shocks read 0 then they are on the softest setting. I don’t know if it’s a programming issue on SDI’s end because they don’t calculate ride height just pitch and yaw, or if the $800 re-valving fee makes that much of a difference. Ive seen other threads of trucks with factory live valves needing recalibrated for ride height to ride better but that isn’t an option for me.

I didn’t do the re-valving because I don’t off-road hard core. I realize now that for what I use the truck for, I never should have gotten the live valves but I guess it is what it is now. I’m just disappointed in the harshness of the ride.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
The truck rides stiff, I feel every bump and crack in the road. I’ve already checked with SDi and they said as long as the shocks read 0 then they are on the softest setting. I don’t know if it’s a programming issue on SDI’s end because they don’t calculate ride height just pitch and yaw, or if the $800 re-valving fee makes that much of a difference. Ive seen other threads of trucks with factory live valves needing recalibrated for ride height to ride better but that isn’t an option for me.

I didn’t do the re-valving because I don’t off-road hard core. I realize now that for what I use the truck for, I never should have gotten the live valves but I guess it is what it is now. I’m just disappointed in the harshness of the ride.
It seems your having difficulty resolving an issue, I'd be reaching out to more folks for help because it shouldn't ride like a one ton.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ive found that Spring rate/bushings/ heavy tire wheel combo/ arm angles is usually the culprit in stiff rides. Shocks can stiffen to some degree but it usually translates to less body roll not NVH. Trust me ive tried for 4 years and swapping out components on Wranglers spending thousands. The best riding setups were spring rates that were such that they just barely kept ride height and arm angles (long arms) that kept the arms at parallel or even a micro under parallel. From what ive read about the deavers on the sight is that they are stiff as shit. They only assist during heavy jounce events. Which yr better off keeping stock spring rate and stiffening the shocks anyway…

Last edited:

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What is your tire pressure? Do you notice a discernible difference between the SDI modes? Have you adjusted the compression under the Pro menu also?

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspension wise I've only changed the shocks and leaf springs, tire pressure is the same as before, roughly 36psi. Shocks are on the softest setting in the pro menu, I have not had a chance to try the other modes yet.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the ride with just the deaver swap before you installed the live valves? And did the 1-ton ride happen after the shock change or with the deavers? Have you tried adjusting the manual adjusters on the shocks to full soft yet? They may soften up after they break in too. But the 3.0 FRS Fox's are stiffer then the factory LV shocks on the 19-20 trucks. Worst case is get them re valved to a more street friendly tune vs off road if thats most of your driving.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the racing live valves come with their own solenoids? Or do they reuse the stock ones?
Generally if its the solenoid the truck wont throw any codes (for my case anyway). If not, check the connectors to the shocks, if theyre dirty or corroded, then put some di-electric grease in them to get a nice seal.

Another thing would be tire pressure cause i notice a huge difference even on the stock K02s lowering them down. I think i ran 32 psi on my K02s on street, i found 36 psi was a tad rough.

And in general comin from a Ranger with Fox 2.5 Racing shocks and the '18 raptor, the live valve raptors do feel EVERYTHING on the road much more pronounced. I typically dont care as much cause it offroads much much better, but i do miss the floaty feel of the previous trucks.

I do have the eclik on my truck with stock suspension, it did not fully get rid of the feeling every bump feeling, but in the pro settings you can tweak roll sensitivity and that made it ride a lot smoother on the street.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read through this, here are my thoughts, as I run the SDI EClik system with a revalve, and it's the best thing going! I'm at full comfort on road, so I usually show 0s or 1s. Not stiff at all.

Is it possible you have your SDI controller set on trail or Baja? That would definitely make it ride stiffer on road. Geisers are a true off road spring, and definitely will make the truck ride stiff. Do you still have them on? Or are you using the stock Fox Live Valve springs? Are you getting any type of error codes on your controller?

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck rode great before the springs. I've read multiple times now that the factory shocks are super soft. I guess my expectations were too high but the overall handling of the truck is so much better, I've accepted it as an acceptable trade off. The truck is in on road comfort on the shocks. The SDI is set to road with fronts and rears on comfort. The display does mainly show 0s and 1s as well plus Colorado has terrible roads.