Suspension Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re going with eclik then you must be off roading so get fox race series live valves and you’ll have fully height adjustable coil overs, deaver +3 hd no drop shackles, bump kit advisable (by the way raising the front over 2” with a spring is not a great idea)

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re going with eclik then you must be off roading so get fox race series live valves and you’ll have fully height adjustable coil overs, deaver +3 hd no drop shackles, bump kit advisable (by the way raising the front over 2” with a spring is not a great idea)
Not a lot of offroading but I like the technology so I want to try it. I'm just not mechanically inclined when it comes to suspension so I am unsure about adjusting the height on the coilovers. I'd rather just install everything and go.

RaptorIce

Reaction score
How do you like the +2hd leaves? Do you always have weight in the bed?
Man sorry for not replying I thought I got an email if someone replied to me. There actually +3hd and I have a golf bag and a few small things when driving day to day but when out to moab or baja I'll have a tire rack with 2 spares and supplies. I'm no expert but it does handle better with the extra weight but day to day it's not to bumpy or anything. I also have a dsc controller which makes the road driving very nice. I did 1 baja run with stock everything and it was bad with 2 spares and supplies so I'd definitely recommend the Deavers

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of offroading but I like the technology so I want to try it. I'm just not mechanically inclined when it comes to suspension so I am unsure about adjusting the height on the coilovers. I'd rather just install everything and go.
actually I don’t think you need springs, you have a 2017 just get coil springs that came off a 2019(they’re a bit taller), any aftermarket shop will have them and maybe even live valve shocks (which I don’t think you have)
as for the leaf springs, save money, get a spring shop to re-arch and add a couple of leaves, 1/2 the price of deavers

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually I don’t think you need springs, you have a 2017 just get coil springs that came off a 2019(they’re a bit taller), any aftermarket shop will have them and maybe even live valve shocks (which I don’t think you have)
as for the leaf springs, save money, get a spring shop to re-arch and add a couple of leaves, 1/2 the price of deavers
Thank you for the advice, unfortunately I've already bought everything. Chad at Apollo Optics was super helpful answering all my questions and got me set up with a sweet suspension package.

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you liking the setup?
It kinda rides like a 1 ton now, haven't had a chance to off-road it yet. If I had to do it again, for no more than I off-road it, I wouldn't. The Deaver's are quite nice. I had those on for about a week before the live valves and they made a huge difference.