Suspension Clunk? Seeking Objective Data

Have you experienced a clunk in your suspension when going over bumps at low speeds?

• Yes

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl291

Reaction score
I would like to get an idea of how many raptor owners experience a clunk in their suspension when going over low speeds. I know there are 3-4 discussions about this I have read them all. I was aware of the issue prior to buying my raptor. Ofcourse it was one of the first things I noticed driving the vehicle.

My take is if you hit a big bump or you are going over significant changes in terrain suspension works great. When it is noticeable is when I’m going 15-40 over light bumps. The best way I can describe it the suspension feels loose or like the shocks are worn out.

I’ve had multiple other vehicles with upgraded suspension. Fox on a 4 runner as well as kings. While they are sometimes noisy they don’t have this cheap sound/feel at low speed.

I’m happy with the vehicle it’s a blast to drive but would expect a little more refinement at this price. I plan on keeping it etc just wanted to get an idea of what percentage of people experience this on their raptors. If anyone from Ford actually follows the forum this might provide some data for them as well.

Lastly for the owners that have done the raptor assault did you notice this on vehicles there?

Last edited:

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a poll in the suspension forum it’s called shock poll issue.
To get better data you might want to break it down to 35 vs 37 trucks and MY21 vs MY22

OP
OP
jpl291

jpl291

Reaction score
There is a poll in the suspension forum it’s called shock poll issue.
To get better data you might want to break it down to 35 vs 37 trucks and MY21 vs MY22
Thank you I was not aware of that poll. It seems like the clunk had been an issue throughout the years. There were less respondents for 22 in that poll likely because there weren’t very many on the road at that time. . I’d like to get an idea of what percentage of people have the issue vs don’t regardless of year as they are the same shocks.

I’ve got my name on a 23 when allocations become available in hopes they get it figured out by then. Unlikely this will happen though. It does not seem like they have any interest in addressing the issue.

Last edited:

meldred40

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Raptor and I have a "loose" sound, soft clunky noise. It is driving me crazy!!! Help please.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you been able to get a resolution to this issue? I have the same thing happening.
Ford knows about this issues and it's the shock absorbers. Once everything is figured out, they will send a letter. This info was released pretty recently.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Gen 1 did it no matter what even with rebuilt Fox shocks my Gen 2 has not ever done it. Not sure could be certain models.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford knows about this issues and it's the shock absorbers. Once everything is figured out, they will send a letter. This info was released pretty recently.
Letters are only sent for recalls or customer satisfaction/extended coverage programs; this is simply a service message that provides diagnostic direction to the dealer.