Suspension Alignment specs for a new guy on the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFG

Reaction score
I bought a used 2020 Raptor with 20,000 miles on it. It already has a 1 1/2" spacer on the front strut to level it up. The truck drives ok but wonders around a bit and has bump steer even with new tires. It did the same with the old tires. I am going to take the truck in for an alignment. Are there different specs for a leveled truck than a sack truck? Thanks in advance for the info!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the truck sit level, does it have deavers or stock springs in the rear? What is your tire pressure set at, I know a lot of Gen 2 guys run lower air pressure, around 36 psi. Good luck with the alignment, you’re getting this done under warranty? No?

OP
OP
MFG

MFG

Reaction score
The truck sits level with stock rear springs. I am guessing at the spacer but it measures 1 1/2. I am running 36psi in the tires and it rides good. I was going to have a local shop do the alignment, I don't know that I trust the dealers to spend the time on it to do it correctly. I will reset the shocks after the alignment back to normal with Forscan.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a couple alignment guys on here, maybe they will chime in. They have always said to get before and after specs on the alignment. Maybe post those here and somebody will comment, if it doesn't fix your problem. Good luck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
bump steer isn’t a Gen2 characteristic and there’s a lot of guys on here who are leveled - maybe they’ll chime in.

Profile pic ( are you ever going to paint over the primer coat? ) shows what looks like 20’s with zero offset, so not stock KO2’s. What load range are the tires?

The Rap C range KO2’s are factory supplied at a recommendation of 38PSI F/R, which is great if you’re hauling 900+ pounds of cargo, but a little non compliant otherwise. It also gives slightly better economy and the sidewalls won’t roll over as easily. However, drop just a few psi front and more in the rear and the truck rides a little more smooth, soaks up more bumps, etc.

If you have, say, load range E 20’s, you may have to play with the PSI a little more to reclaim some compliance.

My first concern would be looking into the leveling. You have 3 major changes here between altered geometry(lift), offset and tires.

Good luck

OP
OP
MFG

MFG

Reaction score
I agree on the three major changes for sure. I drove the truck to work this morning for the first time on the new rubber. I normally drive my company truck. The tires helped a bunch on getting it to drive better. I think a good alignment tech can get everything set correctly and I will be good to go.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will reset the shocks after the alignment back to normal with Forscan.
What is that process? I assume it's because of the spacers, not anything to do with the alignment, right? I have aftermarket front springs and have read something about the front shock calibration, but I thought that was something only the dealer could do...how do you do something like that with Forscan?