Surge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone esle feel a surge in 3rd 4th or 5th when normal taking off from a stop? Cold or warmed up doesnt matter... almost like a standard thats in the wrong gear kinda feel but not as bad.
With the MPT or without it doesnt matter

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been doing it since day 1. Just hit 7k and seems to be the norm with this trans. I do notice the surge to be a little more noticeable when cold and for the first 2-3 shifts in those gears.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like typical small turbo issues...Does it happen when you manually shift?

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 definitely does and it did it before still does it after installing the MPT tunes.

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feels like my gears get all wonky a lot...And I have a Pedal Commander. I've been meaning to look into a proper tune. Maybe thats what I need.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
who said small turbaaaassss.
cause that dude knows whats up.

same throttle position and your truck shifts, lowering your RPM and setting your mechanical advantage to what the ratio is over what it just was. turbos are now in optimal spool range, and your power goes up.
if you let off the throttle a little when you shift or i bet if you are in cruise control it likely wont do it.

Last edited: