Supercharger or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Andrrw

Reaction score
@Andrrw
The Whipple Tune has all the safeties enabled in the Tune, it's not a lean condition!
It's that the Gen 4 is so efficient that even in low throttle it's creating lots of vacuum and it's difficult to control the TB.
I talked to Jeff at Whipple today and he said he is not sure why it is surging. He said they used to have an issue but reconfigured some of the hoses to solve it. He said they used to offer some sort of restrictor to solve the issue but it wasn’t an issue any more. He also mentioned what you mentioned that this year is an odd ball and had a different computer system than the rest so maybe the calibration guy did not remember that. They are sending me a data logging setup so I can download the logs and send them to them. We will see.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I talked to Jeff at Whipple today and he said he is not sure why it is surging. He said they used to have an issue but reconfigured some of the hoses to solve it. He said they used to offer some sort of restrictor to solve the issue but it wasn’t an issue any more. He also mentioned what you mentioned that this year is an odd ball and had a different computer system than the rest so maybe the calibration guy did not remember that. They are sending me a data logging setup so I can download the logs and send them to them. We will see.
Ok, let me know how it goes.