Supercharger on a high mileage Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience. 2014 with 6.2L. Installed Whipple at around 77,500 miles on the odometer. I went with the JDM stage 2 whipple kit. I added a few supporting mods as well. Fast forward to 82,500 miles on the odometer. I have a miss and no compression on cylinder #4. Rings gave out. It still runs on 7 cylinders, but is not healthy. I am ordering a 6.6L long block to drop in. If you do go with the SC, please be sure to change your alternator. Learned that lesson as well. Alternator gave out at 80K miles. The alternator still charged, but would draw amps when the truck was shut off. I put a remote activated solenoid to cut the power when the key is off. It's a band aid, but does work. I will be installing new alternator when 6.6 is dropped in.

Brad12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2014 with 80K miles on it and it already had the Roush stage 2 supercharger. I don't know how many miles were on it when the previous owner installed the supercharger, but I'm at 130K miles now with lots of hard off road miles on it and it's running strong.

I had one issue where the wire loom chaffed through where it splits to go to the ignition coils behind the supercharger and was causing intermittent misfires and it was expensive to replace, but I don't anticipate that being an issue if you don't regularly abuse your truck off road like I do haha.