Supercharger/engine reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering how reliable is the 6.2l when you introduce boost I'm thinking of the roush kit.

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't simply because it's my daily, the less mpgs and relialibility issues deter me from it, however if it's just a toy why not

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving my Whippled 560 rwhp for 7 years and it's my daily driver.
Granted I average 5,000 miles a year but I have a ton of fun every time behind the wheel.

Sage0607

Reaction score
I have a 2013 6.2 with the stage 2 roush supercharger. 80k + and not a single issue. It puts it up close to 600 hp. No one expects what it can do. Mine isn’t all badged up. I would highly recommend it!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My motor has been fine with the Roush stage 2. However my stock exhaust hasn't held up. Blown a cat, couple manifolds, etc. Full headers/true dual exhaust are being installed as we speak since I'm sick of it.

Agreed on the no-badging. Makes for a good time when people wanna play with you.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when you say tune not a canned tune you mean get a custom tune.

Any other supporting mods that should be done? Drive shaft or rear end stuff?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So when you say tune not a canned tune you mean get a custom tune.

Any other supporting mods that should be done? Drive shaft or rear end stuff?

Not unless you start going crazier. With my change to a 69mm pulley (and headers) I've done the oil pump and an upgraded driveshaft. Stock was fine running the 75mm and beating on it pretty hard. I also have the larger Cobrajet throttlebody.

I'd recommend a custom tune. I used JDM.