Supercharger + 37" Tires question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, first post here! I am ready to order a 2014 SCAB from the dealer, the debate is whether to get the Roush 590HP version or the stock...

I plan on running 37s with ICON stage 2 setup. Would it be wise to get the suspension and wheels all set up first then slap on the supercharger and tune it or would it be fine to do it vice versa? If I have to do the suspension and wheels first then I will be going with the whipple supercharger for the extra power, only reason I'd go with Roush is that it is factory ordered and convenient.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Hi, first post here! I am ready to order a 2014 SCAB from the dealer, the debate is whether to get the Roush 590HP version or the stock...

I plan on running 37s with ICON stage 2 setup. Would it be wise to get the suspension and wheels all set up first then slap on the supercharger and tune it or would it be fine to do it vice versa? If I have to do the suspension and wheels first then I will be going with the whipple supercharger for the extra power, only reason I'd go with Roush is that it is factory ordered and convenient.

I would go with the whipple purely for the louder supercharger! :driver:

I'm sure you can do it in any order.

Just get a pnp tuner and change the tire size when you go up sized!

OP
OP
Daweism

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Email exchange with Roush:

Message to Customer Service / Sales:

HI I am ready to order a roush raptor from the dealer however I plan on running 37" tires and regearing for such, would I need to retune and how does that effect warranty?

Dawei,

Thanks for contacting ROUSH Performance.

In regards to the tune, you may not need a retune please ask your Ford dealership if they can accommodate this.

Yes, the items you want to change will affect the powertrain warranty.

Steve
Thank You,
ROUSH Performance Products
Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: 800-59-ROUSH

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Get the Roush. We just installed one on a project truck at RPG and the thing is an animal!!

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
Two things I would look into if I was in your shoes:

1. Does the supercharger I want come with a tuner that can adjust for different tire sizes?
2. Will I have the ability to remove the wheels/tires and return the computer to stock settings if necessary for a warranty claim.

I think the answers to those two questions will determine what order to do your installs.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I believe the Roush comes with the standard warranty when you order through Ford.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're buying New - Go with the warranty thru & with your FORD Dealer.

Yeah, there is a difference between a TVS and a Screw type . .
but, you'll need the security of a warranty with the Dealer

And if there is an option for a bigger, better, Heat Exchanger - Go For It!

OP
OP
Daweism

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaning towards doing suspension and wheels first then getting a Whipple, but I dunno!

dfass16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with the roush phase 2 590hp...had the dealer do the install and retained all the warranties. Glad i went this way since I needed to use the warranty. Once its up I plan on having 5star build a tuner to recalibrate the supercharger