Supercharged Horror Stories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Somewhere around peak torque then. I wonder if pulling timing out in that area would help, not that it helps you now :( I look forward to seeing your new build.

Shrugy

Reaction score
Hello Mark,

A factory 2013 Roush Stage II with 133k. It’s been a great truck. No nightmares. Only issue so far is needing to replace one of the three yellow LED’s in the grill. Also, with the JDM tune, I’m now averaging 15.2 mpg (mostly highway miles).
Also, more importantly, thank you for your service!

Josh

I need more info on how you get 15.2 MPG - that's incredible! I have a stage 2 roush running an SCT tuner but that sounds insane!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need more info on how you get 15.2 MPG - that's incredible! I have a stage 2 roush running an SCT tuner but that sounds insane!
If you stay under 65-70 on the highway with no hills and you don't get into boost and don't remote start .
I guess that maybe possible, JDM's Tune is conservative.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are running low grade fuel you will have a hard time hitting 15 mpg, these trucks pull a bunch of timing at cruise on low grade fuel. Also, if you drive at 75+mph you will not see over 15. Try setting your cruise at <65 and see what your economy does. Wide, tall truck with a lot of ground clearance, air resistance is a major problem, add in tire size, engine displacement and gearing and you get a piggy.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I average 12.5 on my roush. It’s not tuned other than from when the sc was installed. I should probably do the JDM kit. Can anyone recommend the livernois upgrades too?

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Errant info on my part I just realized. The tune is from VMP not JDM. My mpg is actually a bit up from before but it’s probably 90/10 hwy to city driving. Checking in right around 15.4 hand calc and 15.6 computer. Keep in mind this is over 5,000 miles worth of sample as well. This is keeping it at 70 mph on cruise. Mileage goes down in concert with fun miles.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are doing well. I stopped looking at mine after a while, but when I did hand calculate a couple tanks I think I avereaged 13.5.
My other naturally aspirated Raptor only got 12 lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free