Supercharged Cat Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Nex. I’ll probably just have SW put the hi flo cats on if that’s the case for peace of mind. Still trying to figure out tuning and how I would go about it because the whipple tune is locked. Do I just install the headers and get a new device and tune and overwrite or I believe I save the whipple tune to a new device and clear the tune brain and install new tune?
Cody, what tune are you going run

I haven't decided for sure yet, need to do a little more research.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Nex. I’ll probably just have SW put the hi flo cats on if that’s the case for peace of mind. Still trying to figure out tuning and how I would go about it because the whipple tune is locked. Do I just install the headers and get a new device and tune and overwrite or I believe I save the whipple tune to a new device and clear the tune brain and install new tune?
Cody, what tune are you going run
The SW Hi-Flow cats did not last with Supercharging.
Not sure if they have newer ones that can handle the extra heat and pressure.
Make sure you tell them you have a Whipple installed on your truck.
There are a few guys that went that route on this forum, only to have them fail.
Then the only fix was welding the stock cats back on or buying Kooks Green Cats.

All tunes are locked, now there was a time in the beginning when Whipple had the proprietary encrypted Tune like Roush has.
That meant you had to send in your PCM for Tunes.
By the end of 2011, Whipple went with the SCT format and email Tunes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

Reaction score
Thank you MTF. Chris at SW says the performance cats will stand 1200 horse, there’s apparently two types of cats SW offers. I really do want to go catless but seeing a code all day long might send me over with my ocd. So I’ve spoken to Livernois and I guess I can save the whipple tune as my “base” tune onto their device and just upload their new tune when the headers are installed. Does this sound about right to you guys? Sorry for all the questions, I’m lost when it comes to tuning. B

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Bodhi ,

You’re good with the upgraded high flow cats from Stainless Works. All their cats are now made by GESI who also makes the Kooks Green Cats. The upgraded option is basically a GESI G-Sport UHO cat. I’m running these with ceramic coated Stainless Works 1-7/8” headers along with my JDM 700 Gen 4 Whipple setup.

Attachments

• 5FE5B482-87C7-4A0B-A409-A873B981BF2D.jpeg
    5FE5B482-87C7-4A0B-A409-A873B981BF2D.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 7E78BF4B-61E3-4360-94C3-CDFEB1110152.jpeg
    7E78BF4B-61E3-4360-94C3-CDFEB1110152.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 5
  • E84BF16E-9CBB-4115-B927-636EE1BCD6BB.jpeg
    E84BF16E-9CBB-4115-B927-636EE1BCD6BB.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 5