Supercharge the 6.2 or save money for 2017 Raptor?

6.2L supercharged or save for the 2017 raptor

• Supercharged it

Votes: 99 73.9%
  • Wait for the 2017

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • keep it stock and keep it forever

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not believe it will have the same "rawness" the current gen is capable of.

Lacking "rawness"

Another reason the 2017 will suck :ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I would cry every time I heard that thing crank up. Trucks gotta eat meat, and trust me the ecoboost is a vegan.

It'll make you "cry"

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Ford never gets it right the first year.

Ford won't "get it right the first year."

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford won't "get it right the first year."

You bored ?

Ford has a pretty long history of releasing first year vehicles full of bugs and weaknesses. There's enough new tech in the 17 raptor that it'll be no different.
And odds are very good that you'll be getting the "little" engine, ala the 2010 raptor.
The 17 may not "suck", as you put it, but the 18 will be an unquestionably better buy.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford has a pretty long history of releasing first year vehicles full of bugs and weaknesses. There's enough new tech in the 17 raptor that it'll be no different.

And odds are very good that you'll be getting the "little" engine, ala the 2010 raptor.

The 17 may not "suck", as you put it, but the 18 will be an unquestionably better buy.

Do tell us about that "long history of releasing first year vehicles full of bugs and weaknesses."

And while you're at it tell us about the "BIG ENGINE" they'll put in the 2018 model.

It's amazing how much people know when all they know is what they've read on this forum.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do tell us about that "long history of releasing first year vehicles full of bugs and weaknesses."

And while you're at it tell us about the "BIG ENGINE" they'll put in the 2018 model.

It's amazing how much people know when all they know is what they've read on this forum.

This would be experience from purchasing many first year Ford vehicles.
But in regards to the raptor:
-weak axles
-driveshaft slip yoke binding
-frame bending at rear bump location

There's no way they're going to only provide the ecotoot, they'd be alienating too much of their customer base. Time will tell of course, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't a more substantial engine planned.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about supercharging mine. Who supercharged theirs and drives in the snow? Is there any traction at all when rolling from a stop?

Your foot will need to re-calibrate a bit for snow and ice driving. That said, this truck blown is an absolute blast in the snow! So much fun that it almost makes me wish I lived somewhere there was snow on the ground year round! It sounds crazy but the truck is more at home on uncertain surfaces (dirt, sand, snow, etc.) than it is on dry pavement. I gotta be a little bit cautious while running around town in 2wd however traction control helps in these situations. Find some open areas, turn the nannies off, throw it into 4wd, and let her rip! You won't regret forcing air down her throat!

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs a kit hit me up we have 10% off everything in house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk