Supercab owners - Do you have excessive rebound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well ran at 17psi today...less wheel hop for sure over the tiny stuff, but still same pogo stick behavior as normal on the big hits. Front tires took about the same amount of abuse they did before.

Are my shocks blown?

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ran at 17psi today...less wheel hop for sure over the tiny stuff, but still same pogo stick behavior as normal on the big hits. Front tires took about the same amount of abuse they did before.

Are my shocks blown?
Get the Fox 3.0's, that's what I had to do to control the compression.

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 19 is fine. What pressure do you run? Should be 16 to 18 PSI for dirt or gravel and 14 to 15 for rock crawling for the best ride and rock gripping. Others may think that is too low, but it really isn't. The biggest mistake I see new people to off-roading make, is having their tire pressure too high.

I ran 17 cold this time around and it mitigated the problems marginally, but not nearly as much as I was hoping. Since I've seen other SCABS (both gens) at the track exhibit the same behavior as my truck, I'm leaning towards it not being blown shocks, but I am curious as to your thoughts on factory compression and rebound damping settings, primarily for the front shocks.

I've noticed the SCREWs do not have this problem. Whether it is due to wheelbase or added weight I'm not sure.