Supercab owners - Do you have excessive rebound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if I need to just go a lot lower with my tire pressure or if my shocks are defective. I have really bad 'pogo' effect - my nose is constantly lifting my front tires off the ground again after an impact. I've noticed that supercrews hitting the same obstacles at the same speeds do not seem to have this issue, so I suspect it has something to do with weight differences, or my shocks are blown.

Has anyone else noticed this? Here is a video (albeit an extreme example) of what I'm talking about.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 19 is fine. What pressure do you run? Should be 16 to 18 PSI for dirt or gravel and 14 to 15 for rock crawling for the best ride and rock gripping. Others may think that is too low, but it really isn't. The biggest mistake I see new people to off-roading make, is having their tire pressure too high.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
29/25 last time. But the supercrews were running 28....

I agree I need to go lower, but do you think it will make that much difference?

I slide a lot...don't want to risk debeading. That said, I pretty much ran 7 miles on a flat without debeading it, so maybe I should aim for 23 cold next time around.

Last edited:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree the rebound damping is a little light (ok for some of you a little "fast") and the lighter truck weight just might be adding to that...I run mostly desert roads (much like the one if your video, but rougher at times) and run 24 frt/22 rear cold...works pretty good and got about 1,000 miles running off road with those tire pressures and not a single issue...

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the difference is a foot in length and around 3% in weight,
not a big difference screw to scab

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's foxs internal bypass design..I hate it..they have 5 big holes drilled in the inner body so the rebound valveing pretty much free bleeds..thus throwing the hood in the air and the tires off the ground over tiny stuff..good for high speed but it makes slower speeds suk..kings ibp is where its at..pretty much infinitely adjustable. when my piggy bank says I can ..I'm gonna get em

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the raptor assault instructors taught left foot braking to help reduce rebound.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll run a lot lower next time. Actually, I'm running 27 cold on street right now and getting better mileage with my hybrid tire than I did with the KO2s over inflated.

FWIW, I did notice two other supercabs doing the same thing a few months back, so I'm thinking all the aforementioned factors are coming into play.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've opened my shocks up and flutter stacked all compression stacks and even moved shims around. Also run a bit lower nitrogen pressure than stock in the shocks