Super happy with the new Turbosmart bov

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FXT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprised the difference it makes.

View attachment 128087

View attachment 128086

With the increased boost over stock, I was worried the stock plastic/electric unit was leaking up top so I picked up a Turbosmart BOV.

I already had the VTA plug mod done so I was used to the noise, but Iwas surprised at the greater functionality!

With the stocker, you can hear that it pretty much has two modes, sealed, and full vent. the turbo smart unit has much more range in its action and also takes longer to vent. With quick on/off throttle situations, the turbosmart will actally close before completely venting where the stock would have already dumped all pressure.

the turbosmart is quieter at part throttle for sure and vents much less frequently, at WOT it vents pretty hard/loud, which is fine when you are really getting loud with it.

I worrsy some about it stalling the compressors because of how little it vents at the low end, but I think with a twin setup and all the looong piping it will be okay.

So far it sounds great and is outperforming my performance expectations!

Havent had a chance to check peak boost holding yet.

My Turbo smart is Loud as F*ck. Roll the windows down and give a listen

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
511 HP at the rear wheels with the Cobb Stage 2 would be some kind of new performance record for our trucks. Please post your Dyno results or kindly retract your statement.

Agreed, mpt 93 tune is 450 wheel, plus 61 wheel ? Where from?

RodGod87

Reaction score
I've got the truck back to stock except cold air intake, leveling springs, short antenna, and the grille with all the LED's. taking truck to dealership so my warranty can cover it. I have a feeling its not a small minor issue like I thought. I tried and checked numerous things. I even installed new wastegate actuators, purge valve and some EVAP lines. it sounds like the passenger side intake manifold gasket is leaking. but wouldn't there be oil leaking as well if I blew intake manifold gasket? I believe I have a leak on the EGR VALVE too. does anybody think ill have a problem with dealer fixing it under a warranty claim with the mods I left on or any other reason. I really need to know what/where to adjust wastegate actuators. any input on this post will be highly appreciated.

str8boostn

Reaction score
You should start a new post with your issues/questions.

Very few are going to find your question in here, except ones looking to see what you’re saying about the turbo smart bov.

But if I were to take mine in for any type of warranty work, I’d put the factory intake back on as well. Just to be safe.