Super happy with the new Turbosmart bov

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone interested we have these in stock and ready to ship! Contact us for pricing

RodGod87

Reaction score
Surprised the difference it makes.

View attachment 128087

View attachment 128086

With the increased boost over stock, I was worried the stock plastic/electric unit was leaking up top so I picked up a Turbosmart BOV.

I already had the VTA plug mod done so I was used to the noise, but Iwas surprised at the greater functionality!

With the stocker, you can hear that it pretty much has two modes, sealed, and full vent. the turbo smart unit has much more range in its action and also takes longer to vent. With quick on/off throttle situations, the turbosmart will actally close before completely venting where the stock would have already dumped all pressure.

the turbosmart is quieter at part throttle for sure and vents much less frequently, at WOT it vents pretty hard/loud, which is fine when you are really getting loud with it.

I worrsy some about it stalling the compressors because of how little it vents at the low end, but I think with a twin setup and all the looong piping it will be okay.

So far it sounds great and is outperforming my performance expectations!

Havent had a chance to check peak boost holding yet.

Hey Guys I installed the turbo smart BOV three days ago and yesterday up until yesterday the truck was perfect The new BOV sounded awesome and it held boost all through the shifting. There was no turbo lag. So yesterday I put new T Rex revolver grille and the 2.5 Eibach front leveling springs. So I forgot to plug back the passenger side ABS sensor. So I plug the sensor in and clear the codes with the tuner. I go to run some errands and the truck starts making funny noise that I thought was cold air intake. Anyways wrench icon light came on the dash screen. Along with check engine light. I ran codes with tuner and got two codes.
Both codes dealing with the turbo. 1st Turbo Waste gate Solenoid and 2nd turbo waste gate stuck closed. Does anybody know what I shoukd do first? Has anybody had this issue. By the way 2018 802A

27406F20-22F9-4F37-91A5-1CF82E39B857.jpeg

3246165B-9F2C-47CD-B622-D6553EEBD220.jpeg

D43C48C9-C9D5-442C-AABE-EFF485BE9E39.jpeg

8D2E255C-B9C5-4EAA-97D9-1FEA05F98D2C.jpeg

8CBB4343-51EB-4AA5-B7A6-73177F2DFE66.jpeg

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I installed the turbo smart BOV three days ago and yesterday up until yesterday the truck was perfect The new BOV sounded awesome and it held boost all through the shifting. There was no turbo lag. So yesterday I put new T Rex revolver grille and the 2.5 Eibach front leveling springs. So I forgot to plug back the passenger side ABS sensor. So I plug the sensor in and clear the codes with the tuner. I go to run some errands and the truck starts making funny noise that I thought was cold air intake. Anyways wrench icon light came on the dash screen. Along with check engine light. I ran codes with tuner and got two codes.
Both codes dealing with the turbo. 1st Turbo Waste gate Solenoid and 2nd turbo waste gate stuck closed. Does anybody know what I shoukd do first? Has anybody had this issue. By the way 2018 802A

Is the vehicle currently tuned by a shop, or is an SCT preloaded tune?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But honey I only have 2 guns and just need one more :)
2018, Screw, COBB Stage 2...511 hp at rear wheels.

511 HP at the rear wheels with the Cobb Stage 2 would be some kind of new performance record for our trucks. Please post your Dyno results or kindly retract your statement.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Little update. I was having some boost issues so I went over some stuff to look for problems.

I had a kink in the vac line right where it comes out from under the engine cover. I had routed it under the ~1" line right there, but when you put the cover on it rotates the assembly. I re-routed it over the 1" line and all looks good now.