Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Super Duty Tremor

Discussion in 'The SuperDuty Section' started by SVTTrooper, Jan 4, 2021.

1. SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper Full Access Member

Well since this thread is alittle quiet I might as well post my new truck. Picked up my 2020 F350 Tremor right before Christmas. I had been tossing around the idea of buying a King Ranch Tremor but wasn't sure about it. Then I seen this one with no pano roof couldn't pass it up.

Lariat ultimate package
    Magnetic Grey (not available for 2021)
    No pano roof

After 400 short miles I'm hooked!

20201218_113148.jpg

2. Muchmore

Muchmore Full Access Member

Looks good!

3. raptorman

raptorman Member

Love my '12 GEN 1, but seriously considering selling it to get a new F250 Tremor. Any reason not to?

4. SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper Full Access Member

Man that's a tough question!

First id say watch this CJC video on the Tremor, this is a good explanation of what the Tremor is like.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=UUS9zhLbnAnkVuFvnWQDCe0A

Now I dont live in Cali, our roads up in Alberta Canada are decent. So when he's moving about the Cab.. thats not what it's like in mine.. again roads are better.

Now I still have my 13 Raptor and won't sell it I just love it too much. So thats a question you really need to ask yourself, are you willing to part with your Gen 1? Because these are 2 completely different trucks built for different things.

if you have a holiday trailer, do lots of camping, need a truck to do actual truck things then the Tremor is by far the way to go. Out of the box it's such a cool looking truck, super capable to do what you need as a truck and get you to most places off road. It's a nice compromise between a civil work truck and off road hauler for the family. Sure the Power Wagon is even more capable.. but again the Tremor has found that middle ground most people ask for. I Especially like you can drop 1200 dollars into a Carli leveling kit and improve the ride. Plus you can upgrade the Carli system over time and have a blast with it its that easy. On top of that, if you don't want a V6 Gen 2 or whatever Ford does with the Gen 3 and feel its time to get a new truck.. then its a easy choice to buy the Tremor.. V8 diesel or V8 7.3 gas.

Now why not to buy it? Well it's NOT as nice as a Raptor ride wise.. again with a Carli kit you can fix that. A backcountry or pintop kit and it will get you close to a Raptor feel. But that's 2500 starting and it gets pricy quick IMO lol. Plus the Tremor package is 4 grand on top of whatever trim you decide and really for all that money you get;

Tremor stickers
    Tremor tuned shocks and springs
    Electronic rear locker
    Off road mode
    Tremor rims and Goodyear Wrangler tires
    Trimmed front air dam

You could buy a stock F250, put a Carli pintop kit on the truck and it'd cost you the same as a stock Tremor.. and be more capable.

There's pros and cons to buying a Tremor, just like buying a Raptor. so its tough for me to tell you to sell your Gen1, but if you decide to buy one you won't be disappointed I promise you. It has the potential to be an awesome off road warrior with a few dollars thrown at it and thats why I have one.