Super Duty Trans Cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stricken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I happened to have a trans cooler from a 7.3 Super Duty, and noticed that it is just about a drop in replacement for our trucks. You just need a few adapters. One of the mounting holes even lines up perfectly with a hood release mounting hole. This is a very common mod for the Lightning guys, and I'm wondering why you don't see it on Raptors?

I see that the SD cooler runs 3/8 vs 1/2 lines, but I'm figure the extra cooling capacity and lower internal restriction should at the very least offset that.

I went ahead and threw it in while I was installing my Whipple, so we'll see how my trans temps look in AZ this summer.

IMG_20200320_102716.jpg

IMG_20200324_134459.jpg

IMG_20200324_180430.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stricken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh! I had this one in hand. It looks like it has a few more rows, but that one does look even easier to drop in.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most guys just upgrade to the saudi spec cooler, as it is an actual direct drop in with the correct size lines and fittings. DL3V-7A095-B

I just ordered this from an eBay seller, wanted to go with forged off-road but the price on eBay was $98 and shipped free. Too hard to beat.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this idea, thatnks, we tow an Airstream a lot so I could use a bigger Tranny cooler.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like this idea, thatnks, we tow an Airstream a lot so I could use a bigger Tranny cooler.

We tow a Flagstaff popup trailer a handful of times per year (dry weight 2,800 pounds) and since I’ve installed the larger cooler the trans temps are 10-12 degrees cooler on the freeway. Not a huge difference but it’s nice to see it’s working.