GEN 1 Super cab rear door won’t open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robinthepilot

Reaction score
So the rear door on the driver side of my 2010 supercab will not unlatch at the bottom. I have taken the interior panel off and the cables were all still connected. I have used a pair of pliers to pull hard on the cable still no luck. Just wondering if anyone knows a trick to manually trip the latch.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try unlocking it?

Lol soak it with penetrating oil and retry might free up the latch

OP
OP
R

robinthepilot

Reaction score
Ya I can move the latch with my finger inside the door that the cable pulls up on and it still will not open.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
So the rear door on the driver side of my 2010 supercab will not unlatch at the bottom. I have taken the interior panel off and the cables were all still connected. I have used a pair of pliers to pull hard on the cable still no luck. Just wondering if anyone knows a trick to manually trip the latch.
u tube video should help you out....shows how to open and how to replace small plastic or aluminum piece that is broke or worn out

OP
OP
R

robinthepilot

Reaction score
That is just it. Nothing on the cable is broken and the latch is tripped and it still will not open. I even pushed hard with my legs.