Super bright Nav screen when rest of gauges are at dimmest setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive had my new 2018 for a couple weeks now and Ive noticed something strange. I like my gauges super dim at night so I have set them to their dimmest level using the buttons on the left of the steering wheel.

What I have noticed is when the trucks lights turn on the gauges dim like they are supposed to but the nav stays super bright.

The way I have found I can fix this is to push the "up brightness" button to the left of the steering wheel and it instantly dims the nav screen to match the dimness of the rest of the trucks lights... the way I like.

I don't know if this happens to everyone or if this is a new problem with the newest sync 3 update? Is there a permanent fix for this? Just wondering if anyone else has this issue... and if so hopefully my experience can help you dim the light even tho it is annoying to push the up arrow every time the lights come on.

I have the nav screen brightness at the lowest level too... just really annoying I have to push the dimmer button each time the lights come on and the gauges dim to get the nav screen to dim too.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the nav screen, I believe its in the settings tab,choose the display tab, you can adjust the brightness as well as day/night or auto.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the opposite issue. I want my dash to be brighter when my lights are on. Its on the highest setting now. My 2012 was so bright, I set the brightness down one setting at night.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t have your lights set to auto or on the nav screen will be at its brightest daytime setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Schnell

Reaction score
I have the same issue ... headlight switch on auto. Dim lights (not all the way down but one or two clicks up) and the NAV screen set to auto dim/bright and the overall dimness set low.

At night, when I start the truck, the dash is dim but the NAV is 100% bright (in night mode, too). I have found that the only way to adjust is by selecting the dim button one up/then one down. Sometimes, every once in a while, the NAV starts in the proper setting...

I also have an issue where the trailer BLIS becomes set without selecting it. It happens about every 5 starts and seems to come on every key fob auto start...

This happened to mine before updating to v3.0

kyson

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. Headlights and display set to auto, but I cannot increase the brightness of the instruments. The dimmer function works to dim them, but the upper button to brighten them does nothing. I've tried disabling all auto functions, but with the same result. The instruments show to be set at their lowest brightness (one bar on the brightness scale) and I cannot increase it.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At night, when I start the truck, the dash is dim but the NAV is 100% bright (in night mode, too). I have found that the only way to adjust is by selecting the dim button one up/then one down. Sometimes, every once in a while, the NAV starts in the proper setting...
Mine is behaving exactly like exactly this.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Me Too!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The last 2 updates to sync have disabled the auto-dim for the nav screen. The initial would dim with the gauges

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last 2 updates to sync have disabled the auto-dim for the nav screen. The initial would dim with the gauges

WTF. Why in the hell should I want a bright screen lighting up my cab while driving at night?