Sunroof won't open - 2018 Screw 802a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Ford “Krytox” grease. If you get stealership service, you can ask them to lube the seals. My former stealership did it free of charge. Current one they charge for it and charge a lot. The Krytox isn’t cheap, but it’s known to work and last.

Buy once. Use it and don’t cry because you lubed your moon roof seals and the mechanism won’t break. Easy Peasey.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gaskets will stick. I would clean the gaskets and see if that works. The issue is the gaskets stick and it binds in the plastic track and breaks. The debri from the broken track gets stuck in the track and we’ll, it’s stuck.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gaskets will stick. I would clean the gaskets and see if that works. The issue is the gaskets stick and it binds in the plastic track and breaks. The debri from the broken track gets stuck in the track and we’ll, it’s stuck.
Umm, no that is not what happens actually. The rubber seals on the front glass get sticky and stick to the body of the truck and the rear glass and the motor torques hard and that is what breaks the track. Nothing binds in the track - the track breaks as a result of the rubber on the outside of the glass sticking causing the motor to torque too much which the plastic track can not handle. This is why ford replaces the plastic track with metal instead of getting owners to actually do the proper maintenance and lube the rubber seals.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Umm, no that is not what happens actually. The rubber seals on the front glass get sticky and stick to the body of the truck and the rear glass and the motor torques hard and that is what breaks the track. Nothing binds in the track - the track breaks as a result of the rubber on the outside of the glass sticking causing the motor to torque too much which the plastic track can not handle. This is why ford replaces the plastic track with metal instead of getting owners to actually do the proper maintenance and lube the rubber seals.

ummm, that’s what I was referring to. The gaskets stick and the motor tries to open but he rollers in the track bind inside the plastic track and breaks.

Also, The gaskets stick between the 2 glass panels. When the panel tries to go down, is when it breaks. Thanks for the correction though….