Sunroof Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
oh man... I hope this guy doesn’t get all bent out of shape and file a 2nd lemon law suit for his moon roof :rolleyes:

I've seen a few of his Vid's on Youtube. While i appreciate him taking the time to make the videos. His wife... WOW. She eat with that same mouth that all the Filth comes out of ? Damn! she's a real peach......

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the sunroof maintenance yesterday without believing that it would cure the problems - huge difference today, I'm a believer now!
Yup that Krytox grease applied after a good cleaning makes a world of difference. No squeaks or rattles. All smooth.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@BoostCreep I’ve used a couple different types of lube on the seals - nothing works as good as Krytox.

I did a clean and Krytox lube today and no more squeaks. 2-3 times a year is good.

I believe that the TSB did mention Krytox.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just recently cleaned mine and did Krytox. Super quiet now. That little tube will last for several applications, believe it or not. A little really goes a long way. Amazing how good it works.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TSB mentions two stock numbers for Krytox, one is grease one is an oil. But the TSB doesn’t specify which one is used where, unless I missed it?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The grease or any silicon grease will work. But, the only lubes the seal. The question should be, what comes loose to allow it to rattle? There is something in the mechanism that is wearing allowing movement.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The grease or any silicon grease will work. But, the only lubes the seal. The question should be, what comes loose to allow it to rattle? There is something in the mechanism that is wearing allowing movement.
My theory - the glass panels are heavy mofos. Doesn’t help that the track mounting is a little flimsy IMO.

Solution really is just to maintain it periodically - Lube and open it and close it regularly.