Sunroof Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

invalidusername

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely don't do wd-40.
I've been using silicone to substitute. It doesn't really work. Maybe we all have a different rattle? My rattle was in the passenger sliding bolt that goes thru the track. It was never resolved I gave up.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Definitely don't do wd-40.
I've been using silicone to substitute. It doesn't really work. Maybe we all have a different rattle? My rattle was in the passenger sliding bolt that goes thru the track. It was never resolved I gave up.
I had the rattle start last week. All I had was some WD40 on the shelf. It worked in a pinch. I ordered the Krytox weatherstrip lube to do it right. Showed up today. Expensive stuff.

invalidusername

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your rattle go away if you tilt your window up just a smidge? Like press the button just move the window and neither have it open at all nor closed all the way?
I had the rattle start last week. All I had was some WD40 on the shelf. It worked in a pinch. I ordered the Krytox weatherstrip lube to do it right. Showed up today. Expensive stuff.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Does your rattle go away if you tilt your window up just a smidge? Like press the button just move the window and neither have it open at all nor closed all the way?
Too be honest I didn’t try it. I don’t use my sunroof ever. I have it tinted very dark and just use it for the panoramic feature. I will add that despite me never opening it…it was filthy.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use both krytox grease ,and I also have krytox oil .the oil is great for the fixed panel ,I use the grease for the movable portion

invalidusername

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too be honest I didn’t try it. I don’t use my sunroof ever. I have it tinted very dark and just use it for the panoramic feature. I will add that despite me never opening it…it was filthy.
Yea dirt and grime come in between the seals with the water when it rains.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use both krytox grease ,and I also have krytox oil .the oil is great for the fixed panel ,I use the grease for the movable portion
Got a link to that oil? Do you use that oil in the fixed panel and seep it into the seal from on top? Looking for something that will last.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good info in here fellas. No squeaks or rattles for me yet. Now I know what to do when they appear.:rockit: