Sunroof Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew Walker

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

2019 here, and my sunroof has an obnoxious rattle/rub every time I'm off road... and on horribly maintained "paved" roads alike.
Full assembly is functioning, and no amount of frequent operation seems to fix it. Noises are only when fully closed, thus far.

The dealer suggests it just needed lubricating about two months' back... so they did that (just some grease in the tracks, really), and it was fixed for about 3-4 days.
It's back now, even with grease still everywhere.

Anybody have similar issues/noises, and have a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had this done, took it to Ford and they cleaned and lubed it all. Now its quite again.

gopher870

Reaction score

Attachments

• Vista Roof TSB (2).pdf
    575 KB · Views: 172

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the dust and grit getting between the seal and the cab. I used to get it on both my 18 and and now my 19 raptor. I take a bit of isopropyl and take a non sharp narrow tool (I used an interior panel removal tool) with a rag and have to work your way around the whole sunroof (carefully). You will be shocked at how much grit gets in there. Afterwards I used a rubber condition and sprayed all around the seal and let sit for a bit, may need a couple applications. Noises instantly went away.
Hope this helps. It's a common issue

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Literally just got done dealing with this, was driving me nuts! I actually did it around 7k miles as a maintenance item as it wasn't rattling. Currently at 14k miles and the rattling was driving me insane. Followed the TSB and used the Krytox , rattles are gone.
That Krytox stuff is more valuable per ounce than your Mistress' Truffle Butter