Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Sunroof Exploded

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by REMIX, Aug 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks Full Access Member

Because my deductible is $0, I don't like headaches and bs, and I make like one claim every 4 years or so.

If I go in there and get into it with some dealer manager, it will not be pretty. And I'd like to avoid making the news.

2. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 FRF Addict

I see both sides to the argument that it is easier and move on with life by going through insurance, as well as the dealer really should motherfuckingfixthis. On principle, I would fight tooth and nail to make ford cover this. Yes it is time consuming and aggravating and you might not get the result you want but I do believe they should 100% cover this.

Donmatteo, REMIX and GordoJay like this.
  3. REMIX

REMIX Full Access Member

In their defense the SA said she could not understand why it would be denied to begin with. I didn't ask, she volunteered that.

So who's actually lying? The SA? The dealership?

4. Spectragod

Spectragod FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

The SA is for sure, unsure if the dealership advised her to do so. Not 100% I would want to deal with them as a repair facility at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

Follow the money. The SA is paid on commission. The commission on warranty work is low. The commission on non-warranty work is high. Honest people don't tend to last in that job. They either hate what they're asked to do and quit or they don't do it and then they can't hit their target numbers. Either way, honest SAs are goners in a commission-based service department.

6. jamanrr

jamanrr Full Access Member

Glass claims are separate from collision at least they have been of ever insurance policy I have had. So, the glass replacement doesn't really count against your claims.

What people are saying is that the SA/ Ford Dealer can pocket the warranty money on top of you paying them so that they can make 2-3 times what the cost of repair is. I doubt that is happening, this case is too easy for them to say a rock hit the glass thus breaking it. I think it strange that they would approve it then deny it, that part seems very fishy to me.

7. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

They do hold them accountable but not in a manner than helps the customer. Ford will pay x amount of hours depending on the repair, often times the repair may take significantly longer than what ford will pay the dealership. This is a big reason why some dealerships will try to avoid doing warranty work. I would not at all be surprised if the SA saw the work involved and the hours they would get paid from Ford and tried to find a reason not to do it.

Beyond that if the repair isn’t fixed to customers satisfaction, subsequent visits to remedy are all on the dealers dime.

A good example of this are rattles which can be hard to found the source of, if they don’t find the source on the first try the 2nd try is on them.

This was told to me by an SA, maybe he’s FOS but it would explain a lot if accurate.

GordoJay likes this.
  8. GordoJay

I can believe that. @FordTechOne mentioned that Ford greatly reduced the time estimate for specific repairs. That makes sense because FMC is in desperate financial straits, but it's probably having a big unintended impact as service departments are under pressure from their GM to keep the money rolling in at the same rate as before and the only way to do that is to screw customers even harder. Long-term idiocy for short-term gain is something that people do really well. Encouraging it is bad business.

9. GordoJay

I should comment that it's not just the SA. They're being told to do what they do and it's in full view and approval of management. The ones it doesn't bother stay in the job. It's great that we have places where sociopaths can thrive. I guess.

10. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

It’s not that they “greatly reduced” labor times, it’s that they made the labor times more accurate and stopped overpaying dealers for warranty work.

As far as this thread goes, something is shady is going on with that dealer. If the dealer requires prior approval for the repair and they are granted an approval code, Ford does not just change their minds and take it back unless the dealer follows up with additional information on why they believe the claim is not warrantable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.