Sunroof Exploded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why this is so difficult? sure it would **** me off, but the process is easy.

1. claim it on your insurance and pay the deductible.

2. get your rental car, which should be paid for by your insurance

3. petition ford to pay for the repair that was conducted at whatever auto repair place.

step 3 is optional.

My advice, claim it on your insurance, pay the deductible, have it repaired and move on with your life.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Angry:
Proper shit bro!

I’ll say it again though, this exact situation happened to me and I just paid a $50 glass deductible with insurance and the dealership kept my truck for like a week and a half and it was done deal and I moved on. I really would prefer my truck never even had the sunroof as I literally never use it but I’ll forgive her for that one flaw

because you are smart

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s so odd to me the discrepancy Between all the dealers can be so drastically different and I wonder why sometimes it’s so extreme...

It's got to be the honor system. FMC doesn't hold dealers accountable. So a dealership can treat people well under the theory that happy customers will return, or they can go after every effing penny, no matter who gets hosed. In my case, I'm in a metro area of over half a million people and they're the only dealership within an hours drive, so even if they royally **** of 5 or 10% of their customers who never return, there are still plenty of suckers to milk. In an area where there's more choices, the pressure to perform may be higher, and I wonder if Phil Long in Denver is as bad as the clowns down here. Seems like they couldn't be and stay in business, but who knows? I lay the blame at Ford's door. They need to keep dealers from stealing and they don't bother.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure why this is so difficult? sure it would **** me off, but the process is easy...

The process is easy and that's what the SA is banking on. But your insurance rates depend on how many claims you make, so you will pay in the end.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The process is easy and that's what the SA is banking on. But your insurance rates depend on how many claims you make, so you will pay in the end.

so? That advice was for the normal person not dropping 5 claims a year on their insurance.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so? That advice was for the normal person not dropping 5 claims a year on their insurance.

You do that and you'll find your insurance company dropping you like a bad habit. And say he makes a claim now, what happens next year when something else happens? He's used his free pass. At the very least, if he's going to let the SA use him, he should get some sort of ****** favor from her ... since she's getting money out of the deal it's only fair.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do that and you'll find your insurance company dropping you like a bad habit. And say he makes a claim now, what happens next year when something else happens? He's used his free pass. At the very least, if he's going to let the SA use him, he should get some sort of ****** favor from her ... since she's getting money out of the deal it's only fair.

Personally. I give no ***** about this.

I know what I'd do. And it doesn't involved the headache of battling it out with some crappy dealer.

After all that do you really want to leave your 70k truck with a dealer you just had to fight with anyhow?
hahaha

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know what I'd do. And it doesn't involved the headache of battling it out with some crappy dealer.

After all that do you really want to leave your 70k truck with a dealer you just had to fight with anyhow?
hahaha

You ask that after I said this? I haven't changed my mind.

My advice is to go down there, get your truck, and take it to a different dealer.

The reason that Ford customer service is so bad is because their customers bend over for the SAs. All it takes is a phone call. Is that so hard? They screw people because they can. Why put up with it? Unless you like getting bent over.

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I spoke with Ford CC for about 45 minutes, they're baffled as well. "If there's no evidence of impact, it wouldn't make any sense as to why it would NOT be covered." They actually couldn't have been nicer. So they are reaching out to the SA and the specific tech themselves, "I want them to send me the pics and I want warranty to circle where they think it was impacted, if they are unable to do that, I don't see what the problem is".

I give it 50/50.

In the meantime, Allstate was able to contact Enterprise and flip the current rental contract from Ford over to them, so that's covered. They're doing adjusting via video in a lot of cases now, so that might speed things up.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I spoke with Ford CC for about 45 minutes, they're baffled as well...

And there's the reason that so many Ford service departments suck so badly. They're running a scam and FMC is clueless. Or they don't care and act clueless as a cover. I'm 50/50 on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.