Sunroof broke this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Raptor on Monday. Didn't want the sunroof, but the closest truck to me optioned the way I wanted was about 2500 miles away and the wrong color.
Instead drove 100 miles and 2K off sticker when everyone around here wants 5-10 K over.
Truck was on lot for 5 months and I was wary about opening the roof. Opened it before I signed the paperwork and as soon as I got it home I greased it up.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I finally did the maintenance on my sunroof today. Being 9-10 months since I had it open probably and really only played with it some after I got the truck. I did the vent operation first and was apply upward pressure in case it was froze. But nothing to that extent. She popped right open and seemed fine. In then slid it back. Looked very clean in the tracks and still lubed up. Pretty much looked like new in there.

So with the silicon grease I went ahead and lubed the seals and the track very well. Worked the roof a couple of times and good to go. I will do this at least a few times a year to be safe.

OP
OP
Donmatteo

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally had the work done today after a 2nd trip to the dealer for a missing part that was needed. TSB 20 2092 is on my invoice and I can honestly say it’s like a completely different roof panel. It’s quiet, smooth, and all aligned. I am very happy with the work. The cleaned out the drains too which was unexpected. I talked to the tech and he said he removed both panels to clean and lube. All in all was 2 hours of work.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally had the work done today after a 2nd trip to the dealer for a missing part that was needed. TSB 20 2092 is on my invoice and I can honestly say it’s like a completely different roof panel. It’s quiet, smooth, and all aligned. I am very happy with the work. The cleaned out the drains too which was unexpected. I talked to the tech and he said he removed both panels to clean and lube. All in all was 2 hours of work.

Hopefully he didn’t stand on the front seats in his greasy shoes? Lol

Good to hear that ordeal is taken care of.

OP
OP
Donmatteo

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which dealer did you use?
Vista in Woodland Hills. My purchasing dealer. Juan is their sunroof tech who did the work. If you need the work, call them and let them know you are coming ahead of time and they will make sure they have the parts and ask for the first appointment. Daniel was my service advisor and took care of everything.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right which is why my last f150 didn't have one but it is extremely rare to see raptors without them. It is hard to get a loaded up raptor without the roof pretty much all 802a packed raptors have them
I had to order my 802A to eliminate the sunroof.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right which is why my last f150 didn't have one but it is extremely rare to see raptors without them. It is hard to get a loaded up raptor without the roof pretty much all 802a packed raptors have them

I know it doesn't help but I just have to say that I think you're right. When I was looking, my truck was literally the only one I could find a very large radius that had every option EXCEPT the Sunroof.