Sunroof broke this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank You for the reply, much appreciated! Yes - I have ordered the tracks and waiting for them to be delivered and was going to do the installation myself. I've watched this video a few times and others like it. Thank You again for the reply, much appreciated!!
Then you are good to go, it really isn't hard. Just take your time, you'll be good. Do clean the entire rubber surface of the glass that you remove though while it is off, makes it easier than when its on the truck.

ejholt

Reaction score
You need new tracks, do you have them? They are around $150 or so and no, you don't need to go to the dealer, they will charge you like $2k to fix it when it really only takes an hour.

I have a thread with detailed videos and commentary on how to fix this issue the easy way :)

I have the new tracks and pulled out the 6 screws. I've started to pull the glass forward off the tracks, but it moves very little. Appears it is locked in there and won't move any further forward. I'm wondering if it won't move any further forward because of it's current position under the rear portion of the glass roof.

Attachments

• IMG_7152.jpeg
    IMG_7152.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7153.jpeg
    IMG_7153.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7154.jpeg
    IMG_7154.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7155.jpeg
    IMG_7155.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7156.jpeg
    IMG_7156.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 10

ejholt

Reaction score
According to this video, you can't remove the glass panel when it is in the open position due to some lip.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced my rails with the new E revision parts. Sunroof dead quiet now but the entire mechanism seems janky regardless.