Sunroof and Headliner Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone with a Gen 2 panoroof verify something for me before I make a jacka$$ out of myself at a bodyshop. A while back I had my truck up in the air and my son came down and opened the garage door while I was under it and couldn't get out and get it stopped in time. Of course, it drug the garage door bracket across the entire roof, almost cutting thru the metal in one place. It didn't break the glass I was lucky.

But now I had it fixed and I don't think the sunshade was put back in right. Can someone tell me if you can reach in the side of the sunshade or is the edge in a "run channel"? When I have the roof open the sunshade balloons up like an 80's Caprice falling headliner. I'll attach a picture but I feel like the sides of the sunshade should be attached somehow. The edges of the sunshade do have a "rib" on them that looks like they would go in something.

Can you pull down the sides of your sunshade?

PXL_20211213_233743557.jpg

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went out and checked mine for ya.

I can not access the sides of the shade and pull them down. its very tight.

OP
OP
Muchmore

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need a video or pics?
Man if you could get a pic of the leading edge that would show where the edge of the sunshade falls into the "run channel" or whatever it is that would be great. Since mines not right it's hard to see how it "should be".

OP
OP
Muchmore

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like this?
Perfect. So on mine the front corner is in the track just like yours but as soon as it drops to just the fabric it's no longer connected. On the edge of the fabric there is a "rib" that looks like it should be in a run channel down the edges to keep it stretched tight. I'll show you in the picts.

PXL_20211214_154739974.jpgPXL_20211214_154733362.jpg