GEN 2 Sunblock on seats! Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoelFast

Reaction score
2020 SCREW in Leadfoot purchased January and I love it. I should have gotten one sooner but I'm happy nonetheless. Now that we've had a few sunny days in Oregon this spring I've had my first passenger who wore sunblock and I believe it's stained the seats. That stuff is designed to withstand water on skin for hours so imagine how it loves to stick on leather seats (presumably cow skin, right?).

So what products are best for removing it and treating the leather in the process? I've got some KLASSE stuff in a red bottle left over from my previous BMW which worked well for purposes of protection and revitalizing, but I'm seeking y'all's advice before I try anything on the Raptor.

My gratitude ahead of time, guys. Thank you.

Joel
Portland, OR

IMG_20200327_154015.jpg

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try the Klasse stuff in a small area. Should be good.

All purpose cleaner and a soft brush. 10:1 dilution ratio. Wipe off with a towel. Repeat if necessary.

Looks great on the beach.

Last edited:

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a good leather cleaner or even saddle soap? Most modern leathers have a layer of protectant above the grain, so even a light APC can help as long as you don't soak or let sit too long.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but our leather seats have a protective "film" on them so leather conditioner won't penetrate or do any good? What I would like to know is other than cleaning, is there anything that will condition the protective coating/layer?

OP, awesome beach shot!!

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but our leather seats have a protective "film" on them so leather conditioner won't penetrate or do any good? What I would like to know is other than cleaning, is there anything that will condition the protective coating/layer?

OP, awesome beach shot!!

Yep. You can get benefit from the UV protectant in conditioners, but keeping them soft and wet with conditioner can actually decrease the lifespan of the coating.

There are sealants and now SiO2 products for seats. They can help protect from stains and dye transfer.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2020 SCREW in Leadfoot purchased January and I love it. I should have gotten one sooner but I'm happy nonetheless. Now that we've had a few sunny days in Oregon this spring I've had my first passenger who wore sunblock and I believe it's stained the seats. That stuff is designed to withstand water on skin for hours so imagine how it loves to stick on leather seats (presumably cow skin, right?).

So what products are best for removing it and treating the leather in the process? I've got some KLASSE stuff in a red bottle left over from my previous BMW which worked well for purposes of protection and revitalizing, but I'm seeking y'all's advice before I try anything on the Raptor.

My gratitude ahead of time, guys. Thank you.

Joel
Portland, OR

Our Leather and Interior Cleaner will help to clean the sunblock out of the leather. It may take a few times if the sunblock is a waterproof variety.

To help prevent this issue in the future, and to help keep other contaminates from soaking into the leather, use Leather Conditioner to treat the seats. It is designed to work with the coated leather, and it soaks into the pores which helps prevent dirt and contaminates from soaking in. It has UV blockers to help protect from the sun, and also keeps the leather from drying out in the heat and cracking.

Here is a post to help:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/851151/

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd honestly start with Motorcraft Leather & Vinyl Cleaner. Designed by Ford for Ford vehicles. If that doesn't do it, then explore aftermarket options. Ideally your seats haven't been ruined by one mishap, but sunscreen is apparently some really nasty stuff.