Suicidal Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Dickerson

Reaction score
I swear to God people can't stop trying to use gadgets in the face of clear danger in doing so. I watch people cross streets staring at their stupid phones, I watch people drive while clearly engaged in a heated 'text fight'. Nevermind the idiot Tesla drivers that go to SLEEP while the car drives. If your stupid automated lane keep cruise gadget crap is not working, stop using it.
Why you so angry bro?
1634036079970.gif

OP
OP
jjslat

jjslat

Reaction score
I swear to God people can't stop trying to use gadgets in the face of clear danger in doing so. I watch people cross streets staring at their stupid phones, I watch people drive while clearly engaged in a heated 'text fight'. Nevermind the idiot Tesla drivers that go to SLEEP while the car drives. If your stupid automated lane keep cruise gadget crap is not working, stop using it.
You mad? I'm obviously still alive so I must not be blindly leaving my fate to the truck. Only on rural roads where it'd be no big deal to cross over the lines I'm testing out one of the features that I paid for and reporting back what appears to be a glitch to see if others have noticed the same.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all know that we are all just guinnea pigs for the official BlueCruise update. Let us use the feature but ensure we touch the wheel every 30 seconds so it isn't actual autonomous driving. Have the trucks report back how often they stray from the lane, tweak the software, repeat. Eventually performance is good enough to release BlueCruise.
thats the honest truth my friend.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most days when I'm using cruise control with lane centering enabled it's problem free and I just have to remind it my hands are on the wheel with a little tug on the wheel here and there.

A couple times now the entire trip is plagued by the truck steering over the line on both the left and right side every minute or two and then giving the over the line warning. On these trips I'll also occasionally get the yellow "Cancelled" warning when I haven't hit cancel or the brakes or a red warning that looks more serious but has no text on it.

Does this sound like something I need to wait on a software update or is it a dealer issue where something is out of alignment or calibration?
I believe there is a setting for the strength of the lane centering.

My dealer was walking me through the settings when I first bought mine. We set it to high. High is overpowering and actively fights against you, but it is accurate if you give it the reigns.

It is sometimes sketchy on sharper turns on the highway when 80mph+. If I know the corner is rather sharp, I will cancel and do the turn my self.

Default was for sure not high - i don't remember if low or medium. Either way, it was not high. Change it and keep the strength of the lane keeping system on High.

Reaction score
Most days when I'm using cruise control with lane centering enabled it's problem free and I just have to remind it my hands are on the wheel with a little tug on the wheel here and there.

A couple times now the entire trip is plagued by the truck steering over the line on both the left and right side every minute or two and then giving the over the line warning. On these trips I'll also occasionally get the yellow "Cancelled" warning when I haven't hit cancel or the brakes or a red warning that looks more serious but has no text on it.

Does this sound like something I need to wait on a software update or is it a dealer issue where something is out of alignment or calibration?

Wife's 2021 Lincoln does exactly the same thing. Previous Hyundai Palisade was better but still did it, too, occasionally. ALWAYS hugs the inside line of the road and scares the crap out of me. I just keep positive pressure to keep the vehicle where I want it and it still helps me avoid getting distracted and drifting that way.

As far as getting the occasional "cancelled" warning, try to see if it's where there are breaks in the lines. It usually does that to me when passing long turn or exit lanes where one line suddenly disappears and the steering doesn't have two reference points for centering.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2015 Lariat, I had Adaptive Cruise control w/ Lane Centering. It was ok but yes it had its flaws. If the camera was blocked, i would get a message stating the forward looking devices were inactive or Bla Bla system is inactivated.. BUT..... it is a brand new truck and I am sure there are bugz o plenty.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did he buy a raptor if he's worried about a self driving car ?????

gtirella

Reaction score
bought my 19 scab and drove it 900 miles home. previous owner had that lane centering thing on. every time I would drift a little toward the line I would get in a wrestling match
with the steering wheel. pushed buttons until it quit and will never use it again...scary