Suggestions on ways to increase performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkeyeRaptor1

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a newbie here and just ordered my first Raptor last week. I ordered a 2013 screw, as I find they are referred to as here. I have been reading through many of the current and past posts and just need some information dumbed down for someone that is not experienced in modifying vehicles, other than sound systems in my younger days.

What are the best ways to increase the performance, and economy if possible, of my Raptor (I understand the economy is directly related to my right foot). I am not interested in a supercharger, I considered the Roush raptor, but I felt it was a little overpriced for what you got and I really don't need 600hp. I have gathered that CAI, Tuning, headers, and exhaust upgrades seem to be the most common options. Is there any "tuning" required or adjustments needed to be made to the factory system when any of the mods are made? Are there particular combinations that seem to work better than others in regards to type/brand of mods that provide the best bang for the buck? I am willing to pay the $$$ if there are measurable results.

In regards to the exhaust mod, I am not looking for something that will be obnoxiously loud in the cab as this truck will by my daily driver, although there is nothing wrong with an exhaust that is "throaty" and sounds bad A*s. I apologize for the long post but would really appreciate any assistance or guidance.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like all my mods so far. check peoples mod list and you will get the just of what your looking for. most are in the signature. aFe CAI, SW headers cat back, diablo tune.
the cai and the headers made a considerable increase but the tune put it all together. duratracs have helped in the mpg. I run e-30 and with the mods am getting around 13.5 driving like I owne a raptor.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SW Headers/exhaust
5star (or other) tune
Volant intake (with power core filter) {better filtration then most, afe + powercore would be good as well)

I think with the above three things you are going to be impressed with the performance of such a large/heavy truck. If you need more oomph then that you are probably on the pavement to much ;)

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the info, what could I expect with these upgrades for an increase in hp & torque?

Intake+header+exhaust+tune should put you at around 455-470ish id say.

30-35 for headers+exhaust
10-20 for tune
5-10 for intake

Im sure others will chime in