suggestions on Baja Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.... I am thinking to do the following baja lights:
1. Behind grill squadron sport (I am thinking of using the driving set on highways, I feel the stock low beam is not bright enough. But will the lower grill lights blind other cars at this position?)
2. A pillar LP4 (use it on trail/offroad, and use its amber backlight all the time!)

So do you think the squadron sport set can be used on highways at all? The reason I prefer this over the fog lights is I don't want to WASTE the stock fogs, I rather add something new there)
If I have to do one first, which one to go with?

THANKS!!!

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squadrons are not very bright. I have Pros and they are underwhelming. I use 3 Pros on each side in the stock fog light slots. I have one Pro on each side always on as my driving lights (in addition to my headlights) and no one has ever flashed me that my lights are too bright so right there you can tell they are not that bright. I use the the other 4 as closer proximity lights in addition to my XLs as my off road lights.

OP
OP
dfw186

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Squadrons are not very bright. I have Pros and they are underwhelming. I use 3 Pros on each side in the stock fog light slots. I have one Pro on each side always on as my driving lights (in addition to my headlights) and no one has ever flashed me that my lights are too bright so right there you can tell they are not that bright. I use the the other 4 as closer proximity lights in addition to my XLs as my off road lights.
Hmm, so you think it will be fine to put on two squadrons on for nighttime highway driving? I think it should give me visibility further than the stock low beam even it is not that bright as pros. The concern is the location, stock fog light slots are lower than the behind grill location, giving other vehicles less direct lights into the eyes..

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think DOT regulation is that you can only have 4 active lights on the front of your vehicle. Although Squadron Pros are not even SAE so you are breaking the law at that point anyway. Unless you do the Squadron SAE lights but those would be far dimmer than the Pro or Sport lights.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Squadron Pros as my fogs and I would say that they're more than bright enough for road use. literally lights up the entire surrounding area when they're on. Add some pillar lights and it just gets more bright. At some point you have too much light facing forward but I don't know when that point would be and I'll continue adding lights until I find the limit.

Last edited:

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your lights pointed too much into the ground? I have two squadrons on my bumper, and they are too bright for street use for sure where I live. I get flashed a lot with just my headlights on. Just a thought. You may be set up correctly and just have a different experience than me.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your lights pointed too much into the ground? I have two squadrons on my bumper, and they are too bright for street use for sure where I live. I get flashed a lot with just my headlights on. Just a thought. You may be set up correctly and just have a different experience than me.
I definitely have them biased down as I want to see the road but not so much they are 10 feet in front of my truck down. But just aligning them and moving the lights around, they are not the brightest things. Definitely much better than the stock Rigid lights.

OP
OP
dfw186

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Squadron Pros as my fogs and I would say that they're more than bright enough for road use. literally lights up the entire surrounding area when they're on. Add some pillar lights and it just gets more bright. At some point you have too much light facing forward but I don't know when that point would be and I'll continue my adding lights until I find the limit.
That’s my guess, I think for my main purpose- nighttime highway driving. Squadron Sports is more than enough. For off-roading, a pillar lp4 should be good enough as I won’t go too extreme conditions. Then I probably go with A pillar lps first and opt-out the squadrons at grill slots as they might be too bright for other cars. Thanks!