Suggested maintenace for used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently purchase 2013 Roush with 65k on it. I have no idea what maintenance has been done to it. The oil and tranny fluid both look clean. What maintenance should I preform to be on the safe side?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get yourself a spare blower belt. Check the gap on one of your plugs, make sure they are within spec for a s/c engine. Wouldn't hurt to change the fluid in the rear end if it doesn't show signs of being done, don't think the front dif is needed yet. You most likely have a moonroof, put a bit of lube on the track and while you are doing that, add a bit to your pinky and lube the sunvisors where they clip in place, it's a bit ocd, but will stop them from squeaking in the future. Lube all door locks, spare tire key, door latches and tailgate latches, I do this part yearly.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at your serpentine belt and replace it if it's cracked... mine had a bunch of little cracks in it at 57k miles and looked original so I replaced it. Keep a spare belt with you (I've never had issues, but others have).
Check your idler pulleys while you have the belt off... two of mine were a little loose so I ordered new ones from Roush.
I bought a new Roush Air Filter for mine when the old one was dirty so I can clean and oil the dirty one and keep it as a clean spare. Not necessary, but nice to have a clean one ready to go.
Consider doing the fluid in your rear diff and power steering.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a spare blower belt. Check the gap on one of your plugs, make sure they are within spec for a s/c engine. Wouldn't hurt to change the fluid in the rear end if it doesn't show signs of being done, don't think the front dif is needed yet. You most likely have a moonroof, put a bit of lube on the track and while you are doing that, add a bit to your pinky and lube the sunvisors where they clip in place, it's a bit ocd, but will stop them from squeaking in the future. Lube all door locks, spare tire key, door latches and tailgate latches, I do this part yearly.
What lube /grease are you using ?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What lube /grease are you using ?
I use food grade axle grease in a tube, just about anything that doesn't liquefy or freeze will work. The sunroof is exposed to high heat and wind chill cold. It doesn't have to be food grade, I just have that laying around because of being in the hvac trade.