Subwoofer location??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo, I just went out to take out the stock sub in my 17 and replace with it the Kicker unit that I had in my 12 screw bolted into the OEM sub's location and there's no sub in my new Raptor. Does anyone know where the sub is located in the new screw?

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behind the seat back on the rear passenger side from my understanding. It also is standard equipment the sub is an add on for non 802a builds ...

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behind the seat back on the rear passenger side from my understanding. It also is standard equipment the sub is an add on for non 802a builds ...

The subwoofer is actually located behind the rear seat on the drivers side. Behind the passengers side is the jack and the power inverter.
Tone

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone get a pick of the new kicker unit that ford is offering. Wonder if they will release an upgraded kicker unit to replace the factory Sony sub you get stuck with when you get the upgraded nav/sony system.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Hmm.. This says it works on the 2015 with Sony system. Hope it works on Gen 2 as the sony sub SUCKS!!!!
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/SF150SC15-2015-F150-Kicker-VSS-Substage-Powered-Subwoofer-Kit.html

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought or read somewhere that Ford left the sub in the same spot as the Gen1 or I would've just left the sub in it when I traded it in last wk. I'm very curious about the size and new location but my wife took my truck to work today or I'd look right now. As for the engine sound YES it sounds pretty crappy when I watched her go down the st in it when she left this morning. This needs to addressed ASAP :)