Subwoofer location??

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]' started by Digger, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Digger

Digger Full Access Member

Sooo, I just went out to take out the stock sub in my 17 and replace with it the Kicker unit that I had in my 12 screw bolted into the OEM sub's location and there's no sub in my new Raptor. Does anyone know where the sub is located in the new screw?

2. Vince

Vince Full Access Member

Behind the seat back on the rear passenger side from my understanding. It also is standard equipment the sub is an add on for non 802a builds ...

3. Wilson

Wilson FRF Addict

2 sub's vibrate that bitch

4. Tonecapone

Tonecapone Full Access Member

The subwoofer is actually located behind the rear seat on the drivers side. Behind the passengers side is the jack and the power inverter.
    Tone

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  5. SilentShooter

SilentShooter FRF Addict

Anyone get a pick of the new kicker unit that ford is offering. Wonder if they will release an upgraded kicker unit to replace the factory Sony sub you get stuck with when you get the upgraded nav/sony system.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Hmm.. This says it works on the 2015 with Sony system. Hope it works on Gen 2 as the sony sub SUCKS!!!!
    http://www.stage3motorsports.com/SF150SC15-2015-F150-Kicker-VSS-Substage-Powered-Subwoofer-Kit.html

Wilson likes this.
  6. dtt255

dtt255 Full Access Member

Anyone got any pics of the sub?

7. Vince

Vince Full Access Member

MY ETA is day after christmas. Once I have my truck I'll take a picture of the kicker.

Ballistic and Mr Roarke like this.
  8. Digger

Digger Full Access Member

I thought or read somewhere that Ford left the sub in the same spot as the Gen1 or I would've just left the sub in it when I traded it in last wk. I'm very curious about the size and new location but my wife took my truck to work today or I'd look right now. As for the engine sound YES it sounds pretty crappy when I watched her go down the st in it when she left this morning. This needs to addressed ASAP :)

9. white_dc

white_dc Member

Wilson likes this.