Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csr18

Reaction score
For me, my 37 package doesn’t really have a noise. I feel a bit of wheel chatter when turning left, regardless if it’s just a normal left at a light or a u-turn. And even driving over the little circular lane dividers when switching lanes, or rough roads, the ride is extremely bumpy. I can feel vibrations under my left foot that rests on the floor as if there’s no or not enough padding, insulation, or something underneath. Vibrations under foot very noticeable too when playing music with some good base. My 35 antimatter blue definitely didn’t feel like this, so not sure what it is exactly. Don’t think it’s the 37s since many members claim it’s the smoothest or best riding trucks they’ve been in.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Raptor assault a couple days ago. Perfect weather. But anyway Kyle said that Fox came recently and there is supposed to be a bulletin coming out. He said one of the plates in the front shock was machined too smooth? And that it was allowing I believe the spring to move a little bit causing the noise. Said they are making new pieces.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Went to Raptor assault a couple days ago. Perfect weather. But anyway Kyle said that Fox came recently and there is supposed to be a bulletin coming out. He said one of the plates in the front shock was machined too smooth? And that it was allowing I believe the spring to move a little bit causing the noise. Said they are making new pieces.
That makes way more sense to me and is good news. Mine is definitely coming from the front end and it feels like a shock issue.

JAB2435

Reaction score
I have a 22 Raptor on 35's that I picked up at the end of April. I noticed the clunk driving home the day I picked it up. I have 3500 miles on it and it is still making the clunk on small bumps between 20 to 40 mph. I have read this entire form and it seems to me that FOX shocks are most likely the cause. I am going to my dealer today and get an appointment and hopefully get the problem fixed. Oh, I have had a bolt removed that was bouncing around between my fly wheel and the torque converter and I have had the muffler and exhaust waist gates replaced because at start up they rattled so loud that it sounded like a diesel. So the service department is very familiar with me.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 Raptor on 35's that I picked up at the end of April. I noticed the clunk driving home the day I picked it up. I have 3500 miles on it and it is still making the clunk on small bumps between 20 to 40 mph. I have read this entire form and it seems to me that FOX shocks are most likely the cause. I am going to my dealer today and get an appointment and hopefully get the problem fixed. Oh, I have had a bolt removed that was bouncing around between my fly wheel and the torque converter and I have had the muffler and exhaust waist gates replaced because at start up they rattled so loud that it sounded like a diesel. So the service department is very familiar with me.
When you go, check on a service bulletin to update the Navigation (maybe SYNC itself?). Came out about two weeks ago.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My exhaust sounds like a trash cans in a wind storm… waiting for my 22 cuz I don’t have the patience to explain it to them again Fkr the 3rd time

JAB2435

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything more on whether or not a bulletin is coming out for the FOX shocks ? Or if there is a fix for this clunk.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My reply from the other clunky thread - Good news would be if Fox/Ford issued a recall and stated the exact cause/origin and provided a solution that works reliably.

This is not "good" news in my opinion because plenty of shocks were already replaced chasing a solution and the clunk persists, and remember this happened on Gen2 as well with no solution that worked to my knowledge or experience (I lemoned my old '19 Live Valve clunker and found a used replacement non clunker/rattler). I took my replacement out for a test drive and immediately aimed for the rough road, train tracks, and man hole covers to listen for the clunk/rattle.

The service bulletin references vehicles built before June 16, 2022 (gen2 had it too) so was a fix put in place on the factory line (a part or a process) on that date and what is the fix? If any clunk/rattlers built after that date post here about the noise that would be helpful.

If/When Fox releases Race Series shocks for the Gen3 and the clunk/rattle is resolved after install that would be interesting.
See my response in the other thread.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be interesting if the clunk/rattle was resolved after the installation of Fox Race Series (when they are available).

There is no verified fix for the Gen3, or Gen2, clunk/rattle. You either clunk/rattle or you don't.
There is no issue with the Gen 2 related to shock noise. The service bulletin for Gen 3 literally just came out, people haven’t even had a chance to get replacement shocks installed and you’re already claiming there’s no fix?