Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl291

Reaction score
It’s unfortunate that so many people are having issues and there is no clear consensus as to what causing it despite a multitude of trucks being affected.

Jrekasie

Reaction score
I don’t get anything to make noise when messing with the front, but when I shake the rear up and down I get the clunky dull sound I hear at lower speeds (5-45 mph). It seems to be coming from the bed/cab junction area. Can’t find anything loose but it definitely isn’t coming from my rear shocks or driveshaft. It sounds like most of my other trucks have when the bed bounces.
Exactly what I’m experiencing in my 21….

ironpeddler

Reaction score
I am picking up my raptor this weekend and I am obviously going to take it for a test drive to see if it is clunking or not. What do I need to drive it on to see if mine has this problem? Can I just drive it on the street slow like and hear clunking or do I need to take it off road to see if it has clunking? And from what I read it mainly happens at slow speed and not mid to high speeds correct?

Chizler22

Reaction score
Mine does it at slow speeds >10mph. Not a big deal, it’s all about the Fox Shocks design. I’m not worried about it, if Fox comes out with a fix, I will revisit at that time.

jpl291

Reaction score
I am picking up my raptor this weekend and I am obviously going to take it for a test drive to see if it is clunking or not. What do I need to drive it on to see if mine has this problem? Can I just drive it on the street slow like and hear clunking or do I need to take it off road to see if it has clunking? And from what I read it mainly happens at slow speed and not mid to high speeds correct?
Just drive it over some regular small changes in the road you’ll hear it right away. 5-30 mph.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my Raptor on Thursday and I noticed the faint clunking... in my case I feel it's the right font strut that's clunking...

When I go over irregular surface with the left side it's thump... nice and solid quiet.

But on the right side, I can feel a faint clunking... like if the strut was shot.

Not sure what to do...I know its there and bugs me because the other 3 corners are solid. But I know the dealer will be clueless... they only look for the obvious... this is faint... but it's there.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 with 400 miles clunking and started leaking from the back right shock. Dealer ordered new shock, should be in 4 to 5 days.