Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsousa67

Reaction score
I work at a Ford dealer and they replaced my stabilizer links and it did nothing. The noise is coming from the shocks that are bad and they need to be replaced.Rumer is the shocks aren’t available until 2023. I heard that 37 package Raptors don’t make the clunk.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this clunk noise an isolated issue affecting some gen 3 trucks or most/all gen 3 trucks have this issue? Anybody knows? Just curious as I just ordered my 2022.

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work at a Ford dealer and they replaced my stabilizer links and it did nothing. The noise is coming from the shocks that are bad and they need to be replaced.Rumer is the shocks aren’t available until 2023. I heard that 37 package Raptors don’t make the clunk.
Your correct. I have a 37 pp and it rides super smooth and quiet. Must have something to do with the 35 shock is my guess.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the other thread on the Suspension section, a members rear shocks were replaced and it didn’t fix the issue.

Correct. I think there have been a couple of members that were able to have their shocks replaced, and it did not fix the problem for any of them. I am not saying that someone couldn't have bad shocks, but they aren't the culprit for everyone.

My truck became so unbearable to drive that I just traded it in. I may order a '23 later this year if I am certain that the issue has been properly sorted.

Thamac15

Reaction score
Correct. I think there have been a couple of members that were able to have their shocks replaced, and it did not fix the problem for any of them. I am not saying that someone couldn't have bad shocks, but they aren't the culprit for everyone.

My truck became so unbearable to drive that I just traded it in. I may order a '23 later this year if I am certain that the issue has been properly sorted.
I feel you, and understand your decision. I’ve been waiting for some down time to rip it apart. This Saturday I’ll be taking the front right suspension apart while running some troubleshooting tests prior. I’m going to find the culprit since my dealer is incompetent and can’t even get it in until March.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel you, and understand your decision. I’ve been waiting for some down time to rip it apart. This Saturday I’ll be taking the front right suspension apart while running some troubleshooting tests prior. I’m going to find the culprit since my dealer is incompetent and can’t even get it in until March.
I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get it figured out. I was fortunate enough to pay MSRP for my truck, so I made money trading it - despite already putting 9900 miles on it.

With the frustration and disappointment of the truck coupled with the ability to trade it at a profit, it just felt like the right decision for me. I will miss having a Raptor (for now), but I do not miss that specific truck.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So reading that people are trading in the truck as it’s unbearable I guess I don’t have the issue….. or I’m used to trucks….. still haven’t seen a good video that I can make out the sound that’s so bad…. Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free