Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fat Panda

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. I’m at 1k miles now. The noise sounds similar to worn sway bar end links. It also sounds familiar to cars who have bearings in the strut top mount, the sound of those bearings failing as well. Not sure if the raptor has bearings in the upper strut mount or not.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s just one road where I experience this, and it’s basically only under 5mph. Feel is not in the wheel at all, just the pedals. It has to be the shocks or end links.

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. I’m at 1k miles now. The noise sounds similar to worn sway bar end links. It also sounds familiar to cars who have bearings in the strut top mount, the sound of those bearings failing as well. Not sure if the raptor has bearings in the upper strut mount or not.
Best description yet!

Jsousa67

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 21. Drives me crazy also it’s going into service Nov15 to try to fix it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This clunk would drive me bonkers. I’d just like to say thank you to all the ’21 Raptor purchasers for beta testing the new product. I’m hoping the beta test agreement is beneficial to you all ;-)

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This clunk would drive me bonkers. I’d just like to say thank you to all the ’21 Raptor purchasers for beta testing the new product. I’m hoping the beta test agreement is beneficial to you all ;-)
I cry every morning driving my 21 to work, if only I could trade up to a 23 right now :cool: